Black screen after edp update

oneill

I have been successfully running osx 10.6.8 on a D820 for some time. Since the wifi never worked I recently found an used broadcom card and installed and decided to also run the latest edp. However after reboot, the screen is blank. This happens after boot and the startup screen on nvidia driver activation probably. I have booted in -x -v -s mode, copied restored the old /Extra and ran the old edptool.command but it still does not work. Any ideeas?

Regards,

Olsen

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

ok, lots of changes have happend since then that could cause this.. it could be anything from the chameleon to the to changes in the model package.

Can you please try and do a new build ? .. just to make sure you have the latest model data.

Can I do this from single user mode? I am not very sure how to enable networking in single user mode. I come from an unix background but I have not much experience with osx command line. I guess I have to load some drivers and then do a ifconfig.

Yes, with GraphicsEnabley=No it starts with 1024x768 resolution. I tried to run InstallEDP again but it seems to be frozen at Step 4), call MyFix. I have run by hand myfix -q -t / and on reboot there was the same problem. I also tried a build but there is an error: find path, no such file of directory, myfix is run correctly and then the same problem on reboot.