osx on asus m3a32-mvp deluxe

scuddy

Hi guys been trying to get snow leopard installed on my asus AMD based system but to no avail. ive followed all the instructions, changed the bios settings etc and it freezes on the black screen with all the writing, stopping at [PCI configuration begin]. Ive left it for over an hour and it still hasnt moved. Ive got the AMD Phenom x4 9600 processor with the 790fx chipset, any help you can give me would be most appreciated, thanks in advance

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I assume you're trying to install SL 10.6.3 with Nawcom's BootCD/ModUSB.

What graphics card/chip do you have?

Did you try any boot flags/options? For instance:

-f

-v

-x

PciRoot=

arch=

GraphicsEnabler=

USBBusFix=

cpus=1

I didn't get that far, I booted the cd, then swapped discs to the snow leopard one. It booted then pressed any key, then it froze at the position I specified. The only changes I made was to the bios as shown in the tutorial. My graphics card is an Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT model 256MB

I had a look inside my pc and found that i still had a catweasel mk4 fitted so removed that just in case it what was causing the problem but tried it again and still doesnt get past PCI configuration begin. Any ideas as to what it could be, the only cards fitted to my pci-e is my geforce 8600 gt nvidia graphics card, does this mean that my graphics card isnt supported?

• Administrators

The cause of the problem is not your graphics card. An unsupported card does not normally prevent boot, you just have no hardware acceleration and a default resolution.

Did you try any of the above flags and/or options?

• Administrators

AMD-based systems are a challenge, to say the least. Try another kernel maybe, like Modbin... You've probably done it, but I'd search the Net for info on systems of similar setup (chipset, CPU) and check all the BIOS settings.