EDP 5 breaks ethernet after update,

vipjun

Updated my EDP today and wasn't able to connect to the internet.

I was able to reproduce this effect over and over by

-running myhack and installing the boot extras

-then running the EDP install.dmg update and choosing default installation.

-after reboot ethernet is no longer detected.

Is there anywhere I can d/l EDP 4 ?

System Dell D620 GMA 950 1440x900.

OSX LION 10.7.5 

Also not sure if this is also a bug but was trying to connect an external monitor VGA (1920 x 1080) in extended and / or Lid down mode and the bottom part of my screen has corrupt images.

In 1440x900 it works.

Updating to EDP 5 doesn't seem to have an effect. Can't test out the previous EDP since EDP 5 overwrote it.

fuzzy.tiff

• Administrators

Get the Ethernet kext from the bootpack and copy it back to /Extra/Extensions. Then run myFix (full). That should get your NIC back into play.

By the way, did you run EDPweb tool or you just ran the well-known traditional CLI version?

Re: corrupted display bottom, it's a known issue for which we have no fix. It was mentioned some time ago and we looked into it: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1977-d620-gma950-external-display-corruption-atabove-1280x1024-edp-v4-r65-and-beyond/

I believe i ran the webtool.  First time was within the EDP install app , i think option 5.

second and third time was via clicking the install .dmg web update.

Herve

Is there a way to fix this issue by using one of the older EDP's?  I've read a few posts of users who had it working but broke after an EDP update.

From the last post on your link

"This used to work fine about a year back, but i don't have a backup from that time to check what graphics driver I used thenThis used to work fine about a year back, but i don't have a backup from that time to check what graphics driver I used then"

iMick,

I was trying to connect an external monitor VGA (1920 x 1080) in extended and / or Lid down mode and the bottom part of my screen has corrupt images.

In 1440x900 it works, but any resolution above that does not.

I've attached an image in the initial post.

There's been posts on the forum that suggest older versions of EDP fixes this problem, but not the new ones, some have reported this issue after updating to recent EDP's.

The Ethernet bug was an issue i ran into while trying to find a fix for the external monitor issue.