Inspiron e1705 (GMA 950) goes black before OS install screen

alivh

have you deleted all your network devices then apply the changes and add them back?

If you mean have I deleted them from System Preferences > Network, then the answer is yes.  If there is some other place I should delete something, then I'm not sure.  Again, thank you.

there is a plist that stores network info. it is in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

I have added the deletion of that plist to the other steps. Unfortunately the results are the same: self-assigned IP address with no connection to router.

then you might have to find a a better kext for network.
I am giving up on wired ethernet for now.

My Dell 1505 wifi card finally arrived from Hong Kong yesterday and it works great! The OS accepts it as native airport.

Have moved my concerns to the EDP > Bugs forum, as I cannot comlete post-install following the directions written on the osxlatitude.com website. Thank you all for your replies, but please respond to my new post if you have the secret to making the current Install EDP program work as described.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2183-post-install-directions-for-myhackedp-are-insufficient/