E6500 Lion 10.7.5 Hackintosh Help

damosonn

Hello Everyone,

I am kind of new to the whole hackintosh thing. I have been trying for some time to get one working on multiple systems primarily AMD based. Now though I have a acquired an e6500 and with the help of myHack and the boot backs from this site I have one working for the most part.

I do have a few issues I could use some help with.

My e6500 has the following issues...

1. no sound

2. no Bluetooth not hugely important to me but I would like to get it working

3. no battery indicator (however is running on battery).

4. When the system goes to sleep I have to manually power it down. 

5. The MacOS detects my processor as a 1.52 dual core. However it is actually a 2.53. Interestingly enough I found in the bios the minimum processor speed is 1.52GHZ so it seem to be just running on that. 

I searched through several forums and found a couple resources but most the links to what I think might work do not seem to be working anymore. If any one has some instructions on what I need to do to get it working I would appreciate it greatly. Please keep in mind I am a very novice mac user, PC's have been my thing for some time so I know those in and out but not mac os.

My E6500

BIOS: A18

Detected as a MacBook pro 5,5

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.52 (however in BIOS is a 2.53GHZ P8700)

Audio: IDT 92HD71 (not working)

Bluetooth: DW370 (not working)

Battery: 9 Cell Extended Battery (no indicator, but works)

Memory: 4GB

Video: Quadro NVS160M (working)

Wireless: Intel (replacing with DW1510 waiting on package from Ebay)

Webcam: Integrated (Working)

Storage: 2 250gb Hard Drives (Western Digital in Primary, Seagate in Modular Bay instead of DVDRW) (both working)

• Like 1

First, Welcome to the community. Your system is the "big Brother/Sister" to the E6400. We have compiled a write up on installation of Mountain Lion titled "Mountain Lion Anyone?" The issues you are referring to can be resolved using the kexts linked in that forum (VooDooHDA 2.7.4.kext, VooDooBattery.kext etc.). Bluetooth should work natively, make sure you turned it back on in BIOS & the switch on the right side is on. True sleep has not been achieved, but if you are familiar with STR (Suspend To Ram), it works quite nicely. In terminal, use these commands:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

If you have issues you are unable to solve, feel free to ask for additional assistance. 

One more thing. You may want to update your bios to A27, the latest for this model.

thanks to everyone that responded. I am working on this right now. You mentioned flash the bios to the latest version I was just thinking that myself. the Bios installers though are either DOS\Windows based. is there a way to do it in the mac os so I don't have to whip up a DOS Boot Key.

Regarding the mountain lion anyone??? well those work even though I am running lion?

Also to the person that advised just install EDP

I did that on my first attempt to set this up and after a reboot it would no longer boot up? Any thoughts on this.

Thanks again, I am looking forward to learning more about this stuff. Hopefully I can contribute to another newbie later on down the road.

Update since the last post.

1. Bluetooth just started working - didnt do anything just started.

2. Installed the Voodoo HDA package and now have audio after a reboot.

3. Installed the DW1510, didnt work after first but after a reboot, I am in business.

4. Still trying to figure out how to install the stand alone battery kext - very newb here :)

Congratulations on your success, sorry I didn't make it clearer that the kexts would work with Lion, but you figured it out. I assume you installed VooDooBattery.kext also. For now, avoid EDP as it hasn't worked for the E6400/6500 series. I believe there is a movement toward revising it to make it more universal for all makes/models. Unfortunately, updating the bios will require Windows or a DOS Boot key. Any other issues that pop up - you know where to find help. 

Darvinko,

Thanks again for all your help. After having to reload it again I went ahead and through my spare SSD in there. I am still having issue with the sleep settings. I ran both the command you gave me in terminal and it accepted them but after a reboot I put the computer to sleep and it would not come out. Am I doing something wrong. Also any ideas on the proc speed variation?

So far I am loving it, Updated SPECs.

My E6500

BIOS: A18

Detected as a MacBook pro 5,5

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.52 (however in BIOS is a 2.53GHZ P8700)

Audio: IDT 92HD71 - VooDoo HDA 

Bluetooth: DW370 

Battery: 9 Cell Extended Battery - Voodo Battery

Memory: 4GB

Video: Quadro NVS160M

Wireless: DW1510

Webcam: Integrated

Storage: Kingston 128GB Sata 2 SSD, Western Digital Black 250gb in modular bay caddy.

Two things might affect the proc speed - Check without battery being plugged in (will also be impacted if using wrong wattage power adaptor, these require a 90W) and check your Dynamic Acceleration settings in BIOS. STR is not like regular sleep. After using those commands, the computer will go into a sleep like state with current processes information being "held" by the ram. A short tap on the power button will allow you to resume.