Wifi Card for M4400

iindigo

Hello all,

I have an M4400 that I'd like to hackintosh. The guides here should work fine, but the wireless card in my M4400 (Intel Ultimate N 5300) does not work under OS X and causes the 10.8 installer to kernel panic while booting, so I need to purchase a compatible replacement.

I looked at grabbing an official Airport Extreme card (the later models) off eBay since they're pretty cheap and include Bluetooth, but it looks like the card is too long to fit in the M440's mini PCI-E card slot. Could anybody suggest a nice, cheap, OS X compatible card that is known to fit M4400s?

Hello all,

I have an M4400 that I'd like to hackintosh. The guides here should work fine, but the wireless card in my M4400 (Intel Ultimate N 5300) does not work under OS X and causes the 10.8 installer to kernel panic while booting, so I need to purchase a compatible replacement.

I looked at grabbing an official Airport Extreme card (the later models) off eBay since they're pretty cheap and include Bluetooth, but it looks like the card is too long to fit in the M440's mini PCI-E card slot. Could anybody suggest a nice, cheap, OS X compatible card that is known to fit M4400s?

I don't know if you got this already, but I replaced the Wifi in my M4400 with a Dell DW1390 that worked 100% OOB.