E6400 Audio Issues

smcginnis1979

Been working on getting my E6400 up and running over the last few days on OSX 10.7.5 and have just about everything working right thanks Mariusz and his great post.  

Here's the two issues I'm coming up with right now:

1. Volume control does not actually change the speaker output level.  The onscreen indicator shows the level change but the actual playback level doesn't change.
  2. Mic line input not working.  I can get the digital mic to show signal, but cannot get the mic line input to show any signal no matter what I send to it.  I'm guessing it's something with the OSX setup or the audio driver because I know the jack itself is good because I was just recording through it last week with Windows 7 on this laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated.

That did it.  I installed the most current version that I found which is 2.8.2 with the following changes to the info.plist file:

<key>iGain</key>
<integer>90</integer>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfMicVolumeFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix</key>
<true/>

Everything is working right now in audio world.

Now if I can get the webcam working this laptop will be 100% working.  The odd part here is the webcam didn't work when I had windows 7 installed although I could not find the right driver for 64-bit.

It is odd that your webcam wasnt working after the install. Mine E6500 is the big brother to the E6400 they both use the exact webcam module behind the LCD Bezel. You might have a hardware failure. 

If I am not mistake and you are still looking, the Dell Webcam Central Software should work for 32\64. That is of course if you are still planning on using Windows on this. 

I suspected hardware failure myself but was hoping it was something else.  Took the display bezel apart and checked the connections.  Cleaned them and reassembled but no change.  I do have an XPS at my office with a webcam that I know works so I may try and see if they're compatible as far as size goes.  It will be a few days before I can test this but I'll update once I see if it works.

Just in case anyone wants to try them here's a link to all the kext files and DSDT files that I used.  Just a note that everything is working right on my E6400 including sleep and SD cards.

Big thanks to everyone here for all the hard work!!!