Display backlight Driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I am sort for to late answering. This is my full dumper of system. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/09euc0cetb43g22/DarwinDumper_2.8.8_Clover_X64_1942_Mav_sergio.zip

P.S. I also have proposition to put my model Sony Vaio VPCF22L1E to EDP(almost everything work natively)

Thank you in advance

This is not what i need, i need system dump from Windows according to my DSDT/SSDT patch request otherwise at least send me your dsdt and an ioregfile. Also explain your issue again.

EMlyDinEsh, I've seen here keyboard backlight DSDT implementation, which adds 16 steps of brightness control for it and was thinking if simillar method can be implemented to work with display backlight driver as well?

EMlyDinEsh, I've seen here keyboard backlight DSDT implementation, which adds 16 steps of brightness control for it and was thinking if simillar method can be implemented to work with display backlight driver as well?

Its not possible, because Asus have defined only 10 Levels support in increments instead of controlling using Brightness value. Btw, i have added NVRAM Support for brightness load on reboots in v1.5 and have some improvements in code. Try this and let me know.

Is it possible to patch dsdt on g53sw to make display backlight working? I don't have BCMD so I can't use your patch. I saw that someone asked for help to patch g73sw, which is same but with bigger screen, but I don't understand how to patch my dsdt as I don't know where "edit for GPU _DSM method".

I attach my dsdt.

DSDT.zip

Is it possible to patch dsdt on g53sw to make display backlight working? I don't have BCMD so I can't use your patch. I saw that someone asked for help to patch g73sw, which is same but with bigger screen, but I don't understand how to patch my dsdt as I don't know where "edit for GPU _DSM method".

I attach my dsdt.

What is your Processor and GPU model name? 

CPU: i7-2630qm

GPU: Gtx460m 1.5GB

Chipset: Sandy Bridge H65

I've edited your DSDT with this patch

Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0E)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
            Method (_BCL, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (^^PCI0.PEG0.GFX0.LCDD._BCL ())
            }
            Method (_BCM, 1, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (^^PCI0.PEG0.GFX0.GCBL (Arg0), Local0)
                Subtract (0x0A, Local0, LBTN)
                 \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC0.STBR ()
            }
            Method (_BQC, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (^^PCI0.PEG0.GFX0.LCDD._BQC ())
            }
            Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)
            {
                ^^PCI0.PEG0.GFX0._DOS (Arg0)
            }
        }

Try this with my kext and let me know your system log and ioreg file.

EDIT: Use the attached kext plz.

DSDT_PNLF_Patched.zip

AsusACPIBackLightPanel_v1.5.5beta.zip

Still not working, when pressing fn+f5/f6 it shows in console: AsusNBFnKeys: GPU device not found. (same as before dsdt patch).

I see you are using ACPIBacklightxxx kext instead of my kext according to your ioreg, does your brightness slider at Display settings works? If not then remove that kext and install my AsusACPIBacklightxxx kext and get me logs again. Also you need to enable "DisplayUsesNvidiaGPU" option in my AsusNBFnkeys kext and reinstall as you have Nvidia GPU.