Display backlight Driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

hi EMlyDinEsH,

Could you please check why the brightness slider didn't work for me?

My hackintosh is ASUS K56C, cpu core i5 3317U with NVIDIA graphic (disabled) with Yosemite 10.10.

Thanks.

Your model does not work with DSDT patch as its not enabled in bios, so you don't need this driver. Use either default Apple driver with just regular PNLF patch or ACPIBacklight using rehabman kext and patch.

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

Could You help me a bit - I have Asus G750JW - everything is working except display backlight. I know this laptop

is not on Your list but maybe You could give me some hint. I get keyboard backlight to work with RehabMan patch, only

with display I have problem and struggle with it for last 2 days.

Some spec:

i7-4700HQ

only NVIDIA GTX 765M

Should I look for PNLF patch, specific kext or something else ?

Thanks

Sorry for late reply and I'm still supporting this but took a long break very recently due to busy life. And I've checked your model and can confirm that my driver wont work with your model due to lack of native asus brightness controls in DSDT, so you have to try ACPIBacklight driver: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight using needed PNLF patch (google it).

Hi Guys,

How should I apply the ASUS Acpi Backlight PNLF NVIDIA Patch G50, when I do not have a GCBL Method in my DSDT?

Method (_BCM, 1, NotSerialized)
    {
        Store (\_SB.PCI0.P0P1.VGA.GCBL (Arg0), Local0)
        Subtract (0x0F, Local0, LBTN)
        \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC0.STBR ()
    }