D620 (NVidia) 10.7 doesn't boot

djkoelkast

I've installed 10.8 through MyHack with the Extra files as described here:

http://argo.osxlatitude.com/edp/pre-installation/

But as there's no 10.8 pack, I've used the 10.7 one.

So far so good, after fixing a boot problem (because the boot plist was set to i386) and after deleting VoodooTSCSync (because it would hang on en0::IO88211Interface::postMessage bssid changed) I'm stuck on another thing now:

ACPI_SMA_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

See this image:

post-9072-0-04496300-1361720591_thumb.jpg

I've used the correct DSDT.aml in /Extra

I've tried deleting it (because I have the modified A10 bios which would not need a DSDT) but it won't work. I'm stuck on this and don't know what to do next.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's unfortunate, I thought because the D820 (which also had 110M?) is working with 10.8 D620 would be possible too.

I'll have to look for another laptop again then. 10.7 will work? Then I'll just stick to that for now with this one until I find me a 10.8 capable laptop.

Strange, the touchpad works, but I get the "turn on the mouse and keyboard" animation on install.

Connected an old Apple keyboard + mighty mouse (wireless, no clue if it will work) but it still gives that screen?

-edit- nevermind: wireless mighty mouse just works now and I could continue.

After installing + installing EDP it doesn't want to boot after chameleon. Not with or without the USBBusFix=No.

When booting -v it's stuck at:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 7948352 bytes

Tried:

GraphicsEnabler=No

platform=ACPI

-x

-f

and combinations. Doesn't boot.

When using a chameleon boot cd which I found somewhere I am able to boot, but then it doesn't see my touchpad (it does work in a small part left) and keyboard (although it does work). Any ideas on this?

• Administrators

Sounds like following EDP installation, you have the issue of NVRAM + incorrect Chameleon boot loader, hence no boot!

So, you should either remove FileNVRAM.dylib from /Extra/modules or update your Cham boot loader to r2169 or above. This has been talked about many many times recently. Do a little search on the forum, I've even posted boot file r2170 if memory serves me right.

Re: trackpad, make sure to select Voodoo PS2 controller (ALPS) in the list when you do your system build. I think it select ANV-Slice by default.