D620 (NVidia) 10.7 doesn't boot

djkoelkast

At this moment I'm having lots of trouble booting. I've updated Chameleon to a later version because I was unable to find a 2170 installer, I think that might have triggered the problems. It now hangs again with new errors, I'll have a look again the upcoming weekend.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally succeeded in finding 2170 and putting the "boot" file in the root of my harddrive.

Now it's hanging somewhere else, I suppose it's hanging on a certain kext now?

post-9072-0-09630000-1362147923_thumb.jpg

After that I turned off BT/wifi through the button on the left, now it hangs here:

post-9072-0-19337500-1362148093_thumb.jpg

Yes I did use MyHack and the correct pack from this site.

When I use a chameleon boot cd it will boot (although I do miss certain things like mouse only works for 2 seconds, then it doesn't for 10 or so seconds, then it works back again. Also I don't have full resolution then.

I think the best way to go is reinstall? What options do I have to select in the tool because the normal touchpad driver wasn't the correct one, maybe there are more of these settings?

i'm wondering how you can fix the resolution on the laptop. I could not use edp because i am using snow leo and it gives me errors when using it. I have the correct drivers for everything except resolution. How to fix. Could help this post too.