D430: Need sound boost

green_leaf

what can i do to boost sound? I used the latest EDP which seemed to work greak by the way

but sound is still bad i know th vodoo sync fix is inthere  but sound is still weak.

one more thing what is the deal with gettign 25% more out of the video card?

• Administrators

Assuming you're talking about a D420 or D430 GMA950 with VoodooHDA audio controller, you can always try to increase iGain either in the kext plist or through the PrefPane if you've installed it. Re: video card, go look for "gmabooster" on the Net.

noob question here is there a how to kext plist installng moding or something im new to editing kext plist. They are the drivers rihgt and the live somewhere in the library systme folder. Anyway someguideance would be apreciated. oh and yes D430 gma950 which by the way i cannot get to do 1920X1200 the bottom of the screen 10% gets wigged out.

• Administrators

Mario, I guess that would be on an external display, so similar issue to that experienced by D620 GMA950 users... Here's a GMA950 consistency!  :P

You'll find your VoodooHDA kext in /Extra/Extensions. Make a copy of it to your desktop, don't just move it. Right click on that desktop kext and select "display package contents". Double click on folder called "Contents". You'll then see a file called plist. Open it with TextEdit and edit and look for iGain. In the line underneath, enter the desired value (eg: 90). Exit & save your modification.

Then copy your edited kext back to /Extra/Extensions (you may have to delete the initial kext first). Then run myFix (full) and reboot. That's it.