post-install directions for myhack+edp are insufficient

alivh

no.. try and use what you have.. if i were you.. and if your machine supports it.. i would move to Lion

My E1705 is only Core Duo, so no Lion.

Do you want to see screenshots of the error messages then with 10.6.8 installed?  Still no usable edptool or through Safari.

What baffles me is that I had the post-install stuff up and running a few weeks ago when I didn't know what I was doing.

hmm.. what model did you choose last time ?.. because i dont see your model om the compat. list

http://argo.osxlatitude.com/edp/compatibility/

One of the experienced Forum hands suggested I use Dell Latitude D620, GMA950 - 1440x900, and it worked perfectly except I never got the wired ethernet working. Now that I have a Dell 1505 Broadcom wifi installed, I can do without the ethernet as OSX picks up that card automatically.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Please reinstall EDP - i made some changes that should fix the launch problems of EDP tool.

Looking back on my first post in these forums and at the changelog for the EDP project on google, I see that I successfully ran EDPtool.command on February 20, and that major changes to the console interface took place starting February 24.

I suspect that is why I'm having problems reproducing my success with EDPtool from several weeks ago. Hopefully some more fixes will bring the console interface back to life! The error message "The application cannot be opened because it has an incorrect executable format", is certainly suggestive.

Many thanks for your hard work. I look forward to future improvements to the console so that I can once again run EDPtool.

Update: I looked through my backup discs and found the earlier EDPtool file, kexts, and support files that worked for me on February 20. I manually copied these to my fresh 10.6.8 install, ran the older EDPtool console, held my breath and I now have full notebook functionality (with the exception of wired ethernet).

The Inspiron E1705 GMA 950 Core Duo really can work as a Latitude D620, if one is willing to upgrade the wifi chip. But the current iteration of Install EDP won't get it there, unfortunately.

what wifi did your model come with?
Intel wifi is what it came from the factory with:

0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection [8086:4222] (rev 02)

I replaced it with a Dell DW1505 BCM4321 Card, which was an exact fit, including attachment to the two antenna wires. The Apple OSX installer recognized it immediately as "airport" and asked to select router and provide password.