eraydin

Hi! anyone knows if this laptop support 16gb of ram?? I phone to asus yesterday, and they saw me that max ram is 8gb (2x4), but I've read that can support 16gb. Anyone knows?

Checked the Asus site and it says 8gb. I had called Asus a couple of months back and asked the same and they said its not expandable as I already have 8gigs. 

One question to add is has anyone been successful for Intel WiDi(wireless display) with this laptop? Or do I need another Wifi card for this?

Checked the Asus site and it says 8gb. I had called Asus a couple of months back and asked the same and they said its not expandable as I already have 8gigs. 

One question to add is has anyone been successful for Intel WiDi(wireless display) with this laptop? Or do I need another Wifi card for this?

Intel Cards will never work in Mac so you have to buy supported Card for Mac.

Intel Cards will never work in Mac so you have to buy supported Card for Mac.

Yup. I got a USB Wifi Ralink RT2870 and my WiFi is working. But yes I researched that getting WiDi in windows will require a certain WiFi card. I have a working ML with WiFi, what more can I ask for. 

BTW, putting it to sleep is a problem, whenever I close the lid the laptop goes to sleep without any problem, but when awakening it goes into kernel panic most of the time. I have removed AppleSmartBattery.kexy and put voodoo kext with kext utility and vice-versa but same problem.

Solutions please

what are the problem still you have? Can you send me the System log file from Console app?

I once again reinsrall a OS X, the problem remained. 

If wake up laptop by USB mouse, system immediately reboot. System log is cleared.

If i wake by power button, all ok, system fully work.

Is there any way to disable wake from usb?

link to log : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20254998/messages.log

i boot after KP 

28.04.13 18:52:13,000 bootlog[0] BOOT_TIME 1367164333 0

P.S. I found a way to dual boot windows and mac. If necessary, I can write a short manual.

Hello everyone. Asus K55VM was saying that the maximum supported 8GB of ram as. Well, I'm writing now from a K55VM with 16GB of ram, and I have to say this flies! I say if there is someone who did not dare to buy memory to making it, that quietly buy 8GB per slot catching smoothly. A greeting.