eraydin

• Moderators

hi guys I have created a ml 10.8.5 bootable usb using myhack for my ASUS K 55 VM laptop but when I tried to install mac on this system it is stopping at this point

Still waiting for root device

kindly help me how to solve this

Did you set your BIOS to AHCI?

Sorry,My english is poor..... I need help......

My PC 

Motherboard:
      CPU Type                                          Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3610QM, 3100 MHz (31 x 100)
      Motherboard Name                                  Asus K55VM Series Notebook
      Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge
      System Memory                                     8077 MB  (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
      BIOS Type                                         AMI (02/06/12)

Display:
      Video Adapter                                     Intel® HD Graphics 4000  (2112 MB)
      Video Adapter                                     NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M  (2 GB)
      3D Accelerator                                    Intel HD Graphics 4000
      Monitor                                           Chi Mei N156BGE-L21  [15.6" LCD]

Multimedia:
      Audio Adapter                                     Intel Panther Point HDMI @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1]
      Audio Adapter                                     Realtek ALC270 @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1]

Storage:
      IDE Controller                                    Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
      IDE Controller                                    Realtek PCIE CardReader
      Disk Drive                                        750 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II
      Optical Drive                                     Slimtype DVD A  DS8A8SH
      SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Partitions:
      C: (NTFS)                                         254.1 GB (155.6 GB free)
      D: (NTFS)                                         169.2 GB (164.9 GB free)
      Total Size                                        423.3 GB (320.5 GB free)

Input:
      Keyboard                                          Keyboard Device Filter
      Mouse                                             ELAN PS/2 Port Smart-Pad

Network:
      Network Adapter                                   Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
      Network Adapter                                   Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
      Network Adapter                                   Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

DMI:
      DMI BIOS Vendor                                   American Megatrends Inc.
      DMI BIOS Version                                  K55VM.206
      DMI System Manufacturer                           ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
      DMI System Product                                K55VM
      DMI System Version                                1.0
      DMI Motherboard Manufacturer                      ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
      DMI Motherboard Product                           K55VM
      DMI Motherboard Version                           1.0

I want to install 2 operating system in my computer

1. Windows 7 (Original in laptop,created by Asus.[ AI Recovery ])
  2. OS X 10.8.5 

At first I have 2 partitions (C,D) 

I used Windows disk manager then

C = 254GB(Windows)

D = 169GB

RAW = 250G (install OS X)

How do I prepare......

1. myHack 3.2 BETA 8
  2. Install EDP.dmg & Bootpack
  3. OS X 10.8.5.app

step 1.format my USB

step 2.Use myHack 3.2 Create OS X installer --> MBR YES

step 3.Install Extra (k55vm)

step 4.Boot the USB but......

I can't get into OS X installation

My BIOS Setting

https://db.tt/R6AdlFPs

In the -v mode

https://db.tt/7lxCBuUE

In the safe mode

https://db.tt/TrMHnyvM

What can I do? 

Please help me......:'(

Edited by becory

• Administrators

If the installation was made with myHack, removing /S/L/E/myHack.kext is actually a bad idea. It holds the kexts that are usually necessary to boot your system. I'd proceed with extra care if you chose to follow that route...

Furthermore, adding that kext to /E/E on a myHack installation will not do anything until myFix is re-run. That will rely on the presence of myHack.kext in /S/L/E, so if it's gone, you're sort of certain to end up in the shit.

I'd try a couple of things with your USB installer:

1) replace the SMBIOS.plist of the boot pack (MBP8,2) by that of a MPB9,1 as the specs of a MBP9,1 match a lot more those of your Asus

2) add a recent VoodooHDA (e.g.: 2.8.x) + HDADisabler kexts to /E/E folder and redo a myFix on it.

Hi!

Try to delete /S/L/E/myHack.kext (some times it was helpful to me)

If don't help this solution, try add this kext (https://db.tt/DzjtLuhq) to your /Extra/Extensions folder on USB

If the installation was made with myHack, removing /S/L/E/myHack.kext is actually a bad idea. It holds the kexts that are usually necessary to boot your system. I'd proceed with extra care if you chose to follow that route...

Furthermore, adding that kext to /E/E on a myHack installation will not do anything until myFix is re-run. That will rely on the presence of myHack.kext in /S/L/E, so if it's gone, you're sort of certain to end up in the shit.

I'd try a couple of things with your USB installer:

1) replace the SMBIOS.plist of the boot pack (MBP8,2) by that of a MPB9,1 as the specs of a MBP9,1 match a lot more those of your Asus

2) add a recent VoodooHDA (e.g.: 2.8.x) + HDADisabler kexts to /E/E folder and redo a myFix on it.

Thanks a lot.

Now I used 

• replace SMBIOS.plist
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext install in Extra
  • run MyHack ---> install Extra
  • run MyHack ---> use myFix

**add a recent VoodooHDA (e.g.: 2.8.x) + HDADisabler kexts to /E/E folder and redo a myFix on it.

I have a problem to this

I can't search these on google ......

I search a file on osx86.net.http://www.osx86.net/files/file/200-voodoohda-2-8-4/

Works fine with HP Pavilion laptops.Full pack with various installation options

I don't know that can be use on my laptop?

I can escape to the -v , a lot of English...... :)

At one second later,I have some problem....."black screen" :'(

I try a lot solutions  

like -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=no (yes)

but still "black screen"

because I don't have video card driver? or else fault?

Thank you

I add video card driver in extra, so it can run.

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3520-new-intel-hd-3000-hd-4000-1085-ml-driver/

But now I have another problem.

I finish the installation

reboot use flag -v -x

Setup account and region

I can't connect Internet right now

And I do ......

5- When you open safe mode with (-x -v) command, if you don't have DSDT patched with disabled graphics nvidia you must delete nvidia kexts because these kexts got Kernel panic on normal boot go to (Mac osX installed drive)/System/Library/Extensions and delete all nvidia kexts:

- GeForce.kext

- GeForceGA.plugin

- GeForceGLDriver.bundle

- GeForceVADriver.bundle

- NVDAGF100Hal.kext

- NVDAGK100Hal.kext

- NVDANV50Hal.kext

- NVDAResman.kext

- NVSMU.kext

7- To install kexts use EDP system “Install_EDP.app†attached or http://argo.osxlatit...m/edp/download/ 

(I can't connect to Internet)

Or use "Kext Utility.app" if not work EDP, open, drop files of kexts folder and put your password wait until finish Add and close. Now you can restart system

(I have use DSDT-Kexts)

If you don't use patched DSDT i think that you put this string on config.plist to enable HD4000

<key>device-properties</key>   <string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000005006201140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>  

After I restart system......

I can't get into Mac :'(

after bootload

it is all black screen

it is the last screen before black screen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gsxmbmj3inr8ri/2013-10-15%2013.05.52.jpg

Edited by becory

Does it work on Mavericks?

included Efi folder doesn't have a 10.9 folder inside Kexts.

also the config.plist when opened in latest Clover configurator only features a dsdt tab. No smbios tab, no cpu tab, no Kexts tab etc...

is config.plist compatible with latest Clover version?

Thanks.

Does it work on Mavericks?

included Efi folder doesn't have a 10.9 folder inside Kexts.

also the config.plist when opened in latest Clover configurator only features a dsdt tab. No smbios tab, no cpu tab, no Kexts tab etc...

is config.plist compatible with latest Clover version?

Thanks.

Check the first post i uploaded the new version of clover

• Like 1

Thank you very much...Great Help...

I have asus k55vm
All thing are working except USB and Ethernet(While once i unplugged it is not working).
If i plugged once usb in any port it work till until unplugged once i unplugged it will not working on any usb port...

Hey this is serious problem can you help me to solve this problem please....

I am using Clover EFI 2236 24.10.13 files.