Dell Precision M4600

Cyber_Redeem

Hi I have setup a Dell Precision M4600.

I will like to submit this model for EDP support.

I have everything working except sleep mode.

Under ML 10.8.2

What files do you need me to post for EDP Support?

PS- Thanks for the great work of all Hackintosh comunity of all sites available which made possible my setup.

Cyber_Redeem

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Post your compressed /Extra folder. Don't hesitate to list any non-standard/special things your did (for example patching of /S/L/E kexts) or kexts you used for specific hardware for example.

It would also be a good idea to post the method you used, details of your BIOS settings and the full specs of your machine in a similar fashion as what's been done for other models listed in this section.

Please find the attached extra folder.

I have to correct my previous statement.

There a few things that need fine tuning

1. HDMI Video out needs to be configure

2. Web Cam works for FaceTime and Skype but doesn't work for "Photo Booth". Not sure why.

3.  TouchPad Cursor needs to be more fast.

4. Sd Card is not Configured.

5. Sleep Mode not Kosher yet.

Below are is the my setup procedure after 1 week learning curve.

1. Setup Bios according to tonycrapX86.com Instruction for unifail Setup

2 . I use unifail USB from tonycrapx86 with ML 10.8.1.  This was prepare with TransMac for Windows.

3. I Boot with -x PCIRootUID=0 After That I was able to load the OSx to the system HDD.

4. To prepare the Bootable Hardrive I used multifail. I had to replace the default DSDT.aml with the one include on the attached Extra Folder.

5. Install chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 2.01.

6. For Audio I used the the latest Voodoo Driver available on http://OSX86.net 

7. For mouse and Touch Pad I used the custom version from RehabMan at https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

8.  Wifi Intel Pro Wireless had to be replace for Dell Wireless 1510 which work OOTB. 

9. I updated the to ML 10.8.2 which trigger an Infinite Boot on the system.  This was resolved by Copying  the "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" from 10.8.

That should to the trick of inifinte Boot Screen. 

Let me know if you need additional information.

Extra.zip

• Administrators

You made your myHack installer with Generic /Extra, right? Or did you use your own /Extra as provided above?

Do you have NullCPUPowerManagement in /Extra/Extensions at all? If not, try to put it there and re-run myFix (full) on the media and retry.

Ok here is what I did.

I booted myHack with my "extra" folder which got me the error above.

I try again the the generic folder and it booted up ok.

I try again adding the NullCPUPowerManagement to the extra extensions. and got the same error again.

Should I use the generic for full installation?

Please advice.

• Administrators

Ok, so don't use the NullCPUPowerManagement at all then. Use the Generic /Extra (it's quite basic) to do your initial installation. Once you have ML installed and, hopefully, running, we can have a look at adding whatever kext might be required to get non-operational hardware.