Mainboard Layouts

crc-error404

Hi Guys!

Im working on a Webcam mod for the D430. Only problem is finding a proper 5V output on systemboard.

So if anybody knows where to find or if anybody owns a D430/D420 Mainboard Layout PDF - please upload it here.

Thanks

CRC

Something like that - just more detailed...

D430.png

• Administrators

one of the outside usb pins should give you +5v and the other outside should be -gnd, feed from that internally check with a multi meter you can also check the lcd ballast board for +5v on the input side. NOT THE HV side (pink/white) wires with white connector

hi bronx and thanks for your response...

ja - i won't take the 5v from usb because it would split the amperage of the existing one. gnd is no poblem the board is full of them. The dock connector is also no opinion because there is a unit built in which is controlling the amperage of the output - so not stable. i will try the lcd board maybe there is a good connection...

cheers

Any new on the camera mod? I'm also considering a solid state and a track pad modification. The one thing that a real Mack has that we don't is the track pad and I love the trackpad. Anyone have any news on a successful trackpad from a MacBook pro working in a d430

4 hrs searching has only yielded this

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l512/nimetanu/ExternalMacbooktrackpad.jpg

so what i'm proposing is very possible. A smaller older model mac track pad with the controller built into the track pad could function nicely.

I remember a blog about eepc modifications basically cramming extra components into a tiny space.

I smell a project :)