D820, nvidia- no network card after lion install

Rafal

I have updated the system to latest version and after reboot it got screwed completely. It would load to desktop but kernel panic would show as soon as desktop loads. Anyway just reinstalled my lion and in the process of installing EDP. Will report back soon.

OK, all reinstalled but as soon as I  install and run EDP file, after reboot I get to black screen. Can confirm that closing the lid and opening brings back my desktop.

Ive  deleted FileNVRAM.dylib and now its got kernel panic as soon as desktop shows and still go to black screen so have to close the lid and open again.

Ive attached 2 picturs, one is before ive deleted FileNVRAM.dylib where the screen go weird on boot before gets black and other one after removing the file.

Any ideas?

post-9673-0-53290600-1363884806_thumb.jpg

post-9673-0-43253300-1363884842_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

When the bootloader 1st appears as you boot, look at top left corner. Otherwise, once OS X booted, look at boot version in 1st tab of Chameleon Wizard if you have it installed.

If you have r2181, replace your /boot file by r2170 version. I've put it here some time ago: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2137-wanted-edp-4-or-older/

Many thanks for quick reply, I have r2170 version.

Strange thing is that I dont get kernel panic anymore and I havent done anything yet... Still booting to black screen and I have to do the lid trick to see my desktop. Once in the os everything seems to be working fine. There must be something wrong in EDP, before installing edp it boots up fine. Will the log from my console  be any help?

Update: trackpad seems to be playing up, stops working but I can click buttons, wierd..  Should I run fixes from EDP ?

From what I have niticed its most likely graphic driver issue or something with loading it. When the system boots up  I can see fine apple log with osxlattitude and after a while screen gos crazy, I mean crazy, changes colors, strips along the screen, it darkens from edges to the centre and go bright the same way. Never seen anything like that and Im IT engineer and seen many wierd things. I will record that on me phone and drop you a link. Also noticed that this lid trick works every time so what efectively is happening is it go to sleep and on the wake up it loads the graphic driver correctly maybe?

Trackpad is working perfectly fine until screenserver load, once screensever kicks in  I loose trackpad and pointer is not moving. Again looks to me that nvidia driver may be cousing that. Not sure how to identify the problem. 

Ive installed lion on my other D820 and its exactly the same issue. Booting to black screen and to get it working got to close and reopen the lid. As with the other d820 once EDP is installed and run I get black screen on boot. Any ideas what to do?

Also is it safe to run update on os?

• Administrators

What if you try a more recent Chameleon boot file then? Like r2181 or even beyond (I think it's up to 2189)? You can update through Chameleon Wizard provided you have an Internet connection.