D820, nvidia- no network card after lion install

Rafal

• Administrators

Another thing to try: the DSDT table of the D620 nVidia (I just remembered that a D630 GMA HiRes would boot to black screen without the proper DSDT table).

1) download the D620 nVidia bootpack, rename its DSDT table to say 'D620_DSDT.aml' and copy the file to /Extra

2) reboot with manual bootloader option 'DSDT=/Extra/D620_DSDT.aml'

• Like 1

Another thing to try: the DSDT table of the D620 nVidia (I just remembered that a D630 GMA HiRes would boot to black screen without the proper DSDT table).

1) download the D620 nVidia bootpack, rename its DSDT table to say 'D620_DSDT.aml' and copy the file to /Extra

I will try this now.

It did the trick :) All isses resolved. Now ive got perfectly working dual boot Lion/Win7. Ive used DSDT from D620 and it fixed the problem with booting to black screen:) I have noticed that trackpad is a bit flaky at times but that something im gonna look into.

I have one more question. How safe is to update OSx? is there any perffered way? Ive done update on my other d820 and get KP now.

Many thanks for help

• Administrators

Which version are you currently running?

If you're already running 10.7.4, you can do a simple software update via Apple Menu. If lower than 10.7.4, just do a search on the forum, the method has been posted several times before.

Meantime, I'll go and update the D820 bootpack so that it contains the correct DSDT table.

Im on 1.7.4 and run update via Apple menu and I get kernel panic during install. Ive noticed that it KP on security update but installed other updates. Re run update with only security update and its working fine now :) 

Last question..  Should bluetooth be working on this machine? When I go to system info, there is nothing under BT section.

Thats really strange.. I have checked in windows and I cant see any bluetooth under devices. It is enabled in bios,wifi/BT switch works fine but BT is not showing under device manager. I get that on both d820 so wondering if BT is optional maybe?

Update,

I took it apart and found out that BT module is not there. Must have optional in this model.

Which card is better DW1395 or DW1390?

• Administrators

Yes, the BT adapter was optional on many Dell laptops, including the Latitude D Series... If present (under left screen hinge) and radio is enabled, you'd see the blue BT LED lit next to the wifi LED near the right screen hinge.

The DW1390 works OOB, the DW1395 needs the patched IO80211 kext or the BCM43xxx kext. Both work equally well far as I can tell (I have both on my D laptops).