Inspiron 15R OR Half Mini wifi card that works

Tony

Hello,

I'm new to the board and looked through the EDP and installation pages. I've installed SL 10.6 on my acer aspire with mixed results, so I'm looking to setup something a little more stable; non-AMD / working wifi etc..

That said, I am looking at getting Dell, specifically the Inspiron 15R to fit my pricepoint ( http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=ni15r_ft_1e&c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&model_id=inspiron-15r-combo-mod) Is anyone successfully running OS X on this model? And if so, does wifi work OOB with the dell DW1501card? I read on another forum it is a BCM4313.

If not, the spec on the DW1501 shows it' a "half-mini" will the BCM4322 half minis i see on ebay, it's listed on the boardcom page of the wiki, be compatible?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

I don't believe that laptop does NOT have supported video drivers in either the Intel or AMD Mobility format. I know for sure the Intel HD is a no fly zone but u can check the ATI graphics against the known HCL. The Wireless is typically a no brainer. ie you can just buy a different one and install it but video is for life.

gl

Thanks for that. This is the first I've heard about video; I've seen thread in other posts where they've said they installed to intel. Does that mean its not supported at all?

I tried looking awhile back and couldn't find support for Intel HD .. assuming it's 4500. just make sure you check the HCL or just google the video adapter followed by hackintosh to see what others are saying.

cheers!