HWMonitor

cNone

I was using my build of SL 10.6.7 for a long time. But every software wants it to be 10.6.8 minimum. So i decided to update my system to 10.6.8. I have updated without any problem, what's my only concern was sleepenabler.kext because I haven't found a proper one so I decided to give EDP a go.

EDP installed all the necessary things except pstate along with the nullcpupowermanagement.kext which I don't like to use. Now my system runs very smoothly, everything working other than trackpad ( I didn't bother myself for installing kexts because I don't use the pad ever )

Now my CPU is 7200 which you said a d620 is up and running both cores and HWMonitor reports 35-36C at 1.990mhz and 1.362v.

I have a question about it tho, how accurate HWMonitor? Is this info reliable?

Thanks and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about my little FrankenDell. :)

• Administrators

HWMonitor is accurate regarding CPU T° as long as the the IntelCPUMonitor kext has the right Tjmax value in its plist. You can get the Tjmax info for your CPU off Ark Intel. In all likelihood, the 2.0GHz CPU in your D630 is T7250 or a T7300. As mentioned before, I doubt it can be a T7200 out of a D620 since sockets are different between the 2 laptops and a socket M T7200 does not fit in a socket P (incompatible pinouts).

Those CPUs have a Tjmax of 100° by the way.