Trouble installing ML on E6500

lidow

The other possibility I can think of is an issue with a USB connected device. Make sure when doing the initial install that any USB devices are removed (that includes USB mice, keyboards, wireless dongles, etc - if there are any). See if that enables the install, and if so, re-introduce any wireless devices one at a time after install to see if any of them are creating an issue

First, I took the time to re-read this topic in case I missed anything. I noticed you were using the Mac Mini, which appears to be updated to 10.8.3. Am I to assume you allowed it to install normally and are creating the installer with the installed OS?. Have you made a USB boot stick of the .dmg? If you are creating the installer with the 10.8.3 image, using the edited 10.8.2 NVidia kexts should work. I did not need to re-edit them for the 10.8.3 update, the kexts worked without re-editing. When installing, set the BIOS to default settings, change the HDD to AHCI and shut down the wireless components in BIOS. Nothing else should need to be done. Use your installer and try installing. I underlined should because there can always be an exception. 

First, I took the time to re-read this topic in case I missed anything. I noticed you were using the Mac Mini, which appears to be updated to 10.8.3. Am I to assume you allowed it to install normally and are creating the installer with the installed OS?. Have you made a USB boot stick of the .dmg? If you are creating the installer with the 10.8.3 image, using the edited 10.8.2 NVidia kexts should work. I did not need to re-edit them for the 10.8.3 update, the kexts worked without re-editing. When installing, set the BIOS to default settings, change the HDD to AHCI and shut down the wireless components in BIOS. Nothing else should need to be done. Use your installer and try installing. I underlined should because there can always be an exception.
I'm not very experienced in Mac things, so I'm not sure I understand your first assumption. It came with 10.8.2 prteinstalled and first thing I did was to apply the pending update to 10.8.3. I then went to App Store and bought ML installation. When I start MyFix It actually find the downloaded ML installation which is 10.8.3, same as Mac Mini's OS.

In meantime I did wipe out of the Mac Mini I did download again and this time I allowed OS to be reinstalled by the image I have downloaded from App Store, then I downloaded again the image as it was gone.

Looks like mine is exception, anyway I'll keep trying until I buy a MacBook Pro. Last try with MyHack full fix after very other operation made the USB installer ubbootable, it could not load even the loader. I'll try again the same process in order to exclude any possibility of mistake during preparation process.

I found another absolutely same problem as mine, which was resolved with PCIRootUID=1, but it did not helped me.

There is a process by which you can stop the download as it goes to install on you machine. You can then take the InstallESD.dmg from the download and restore it to a flash drive. It allows you to preserve that image for future use and also serves as a bootable restore and repair tool which will allow install on multiple Macs without having to download it again. Try this link: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=23486. If you allow the process to continue, as you noticed, when completed installing, the installer removes that image from your desktop. Do you have a copy of the Mountain Lion installer in your Applications folder? If so, are you pointing MyHack to that image when asked? If not, you may be missing the installer files from your newly created MyHack installer. You can create the installer as shown above and point MyHack to it when asked or save the InstallESD.dmg image on your desktop and point to that.

I'm at a loss - prep and compatibility seem fine, kexts are known to work, but it seems like a framebuffer issue. Not sure if something on your Mini that was downloaded has impacted the way the image is transferred to the installer. Try (if possible) creating your installer on another Mac or hackintosh to eliminate the Mini as the source of the problem. There was another member who had an issue with the device he was creating the installer from (I believe it was in the Mountain Lion Anyone topic - yes, post #361). Also, take heart, read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282276-reboot-during-loading-kexts-when-installin-mountain-lion/ - persistence pays off (read posts 2 & 9).

I did another try using a hackintosh of a friend. 

No luck, still reboots.

I'm planning give up for a while. Hope after several months of dust settle down, I will be able to see things more clearly and from different perspective. 

Thanks everyone for their time and the good will to help. 

I'll be back, for sure :).