Excellent support, want to buy another machine asap...

dziwei

after trying every machine in our house to see if it was hackintosh-able eventually I read online that a Dell D630 totally is.  while I was skeptical, I still I bought one and gave it a try using unifail, when that didn't work I was back in google-land and found osxlatitude!  yes!  thanks for sharing all this, great work!

one thing I haven't found is a really complete guide on how to do it all:  how to pick a machine (correct specs), update & setup the bios (correct settings), download & create install media, install & update osx, etc.  I think I referred to 6 or so webpages/sites throughout the process (not bad really). 

put me down as 'glad to be here'

dziwei

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi and welcome to this mad place!

Look at the various OSXL web pages (EDP pages, including compatibility chart), not just the forum. You'll find a list of supported models there. Then post in support sections if you have any technical queries.

• Administrators

Perfect, especially if it has a higher res screen. There are 3 different 15.4" screen models: WXGA@1280x800, WSXGA+@1680x1050, WUXGA@1920x1200. The WXGA resolution is, in my opinion, too limited on a 15.4" display.

That D830 will run ML very well with its T9300 CPU and 4GB of RAM.