e6430 with NVS5200/Intel HD 4000

gouki

That card is a BCM943228HM4L and is not supported, you will need to use a compatible card. Try a Dell 1510 (or search using PW934 - same card, but often found cheaper this way). A quick eBay (US) search shows them as cheap as $4.75 with shipping.

Hi gouki,

I have an E6430 with nvidia 5200m/Intel HD 4000, I got most things working except sleep. EMlyDinEsH did a great job creating the DSDT and SSDT file to get shutdown/restart to work and also patch AppleHDA for audio.
Please consider doing a little PayPal donation to Dinesh (at [email protected]) as he worked hard on making it work for this.

Make sure you have AHCI enable in the BIOS and CPU XD Support in security is enable and Optimus disabled. So far I couldn't get both to install only the Nvidia card is detected.
Since you already got your system installed already.  I'm assuming your are building your computer with the myHack process. Just copy my Extra folder and replacing yours. Run myHack to update files and fix permission. But since you could only boot with Safemode, you'll have to run myfix from the terminal.
So open the terminal and run this command:
myfix -t /Volumes/<your OSX drive>/
Select Yes and reboot when finish. That's it, it should boot up normally with everything working. 
I'm not sure what processor you have. I have an i7 3720QM with resolution 1600x900. 
If you have something different, don't use my SSDT files, you'll need to generate your own for your processor. And for resolution, if different, you could change it in the boot.plist file. 

Good luck.

My config is:

E6430 with nvidia 5200m/Intel HD 4000

A9 Bios

1600x900 (HD+) display

i7 3720QM

500GB Samsung 840 SSD

16 GB RAM

Bluetooth

Fingerprint reader package

DW1504 Wifi

Optimus disabled

HDD set to AHCI

XD Support Enabled

Your /Extra setup causes kernel panics on my machine using Chameleon.

What am I missing?

Edit: I was missing two things:

• I didn't RTFM RE: myhack installs.  Once I diid those two things, the extra pack works nicely.
  • I used 10.8.3  so I needed to update one kext (documented in a couple of posts below)

• Moderators

Here's how I successfully re-build my Dell E6430 with NVS 5200M/Intel HD 4000 using the files I attached above

Specs:

BIOS A09 | i7-3720QM 2.6GH | 8GB DDR3 | nvs5200M/HD 4000 1600x900 | 500GB SATA HDD | Rebranded Dell DW1510 | Mountain Lion 10.8.3

What's working:

Full QE/CI

Keyboard and mouse (touchpad works as a regular mouse)

Audio - thanks to EMlyDinEsH for the patch

Wifi - replaced the Intel card with dw1510 (rebranded)

Webcam - working OOB

HDMI

Here's how to get it up and running:

I use the myhack process for this build, so follow instructions to build your USB installer, set BIOS settings and run the OSX Installation from here http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/.

1. After creating your USB installer, replace the Extra folder with my Extra folder (find attachment above in post #3)
  2. Run myfix to fix permission
  3. Boot up system with USB installer disk with the -v switch (use USB 2.0 port on the left)
  4. Format the HDD per instruction from myHack ( I use GPT). Continue build process
  5. Select "Use my Own" when prompt and point to the Extra folder in the root of the USB installer drive
  6. Delete the 3 files when prompt
  7. You'll get an Install Failed error towards the end, that's fine, restart the computer. Remove the USB installer drive
  8. Complete the customization ( if you get Invalid Partition Table - just hit enter - more info below to remove the error)
  9. Install 10.8.3 Combopack

Notes:

• I'm using version 10.8.2 for the build and then upgrade to 10.8.3
  • USB 3.0 ports work only with USB 3 devices, if you place any USB 2.0 devices there, the system would hang. I rolled mine back to USB 2.0 GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip  will give you USB 3.0 access

• If you encounter "Invalid Partition Table" after the first reboot, just hit the Enter key to continue. To completely remove that error, you need to install the latest Chameleon. I installed Chameleon-2.2svn-r2189. Download here. Installing Chameleon from myHack fix the issue too.
  • Like 1

Here's how I successfully re-build my Dell E6430 with NVS 5200M/Intel HD 4000 using the files I attached aboveNotes:

Very nice, I was able to modify myhack install slightly to work making a 10.8.3 install disk, booting with -x -f

I also used a newer AppleACPIPlatform.kext both in the myhack extensions dir and in your /extra/extensions.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

Then I was able to use your /extra setup and everything booted fine.

I am curious about exactly what you did to "roll back" to USB 2.0?  I am definitely experiencing the lockup you described when I connect my mouse.

Otherwise - AWESOME JOB.

Edited:  originally indicated wrong kext replaced

• Moderators
Very nice, I was able to modify myhack install slightly to work making a 10.8.3 install disk, booting with -x -f

I also used a newer AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext both in the myhack extensions dir and in your /extra/extensions.

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

Then I was able to use your /extra setup and everything booted fine.

I am curious about exactly what you did to "roll back" to USB 2.0?  I am definitely experiencing the lockup you described when I connect my mouse.

Otherwise - AWESOME JOB.

leppy700m,

Nice to hear you got your system running.

Where did you get the newer version of AppleACPIPlatform, it's the same version but file size is a bit bigger?

To roll back your USB 3.0 to 2.0, download attachment below. Extract the 2 files into your Extra\Extension folder and run myFix. Do a full fix. Reboot. Done.

USB2.0.zip

leppy700m,

Nice to hear you got your system running.

Where did you get the newer version of  AppleACPIPlatform and was it patched?

To roll back your USB 3.0 to 2.0, download attachment below. Extract the 2 files into your Extra\Extension folder and run myFix. Do a full fix. Reboot. Done.

Originally posted the wrong replaced kext. I corrected.  AppleACPIPlatform was pulled from somewhere on Insanelymac I think, when I was trying to get this going from scratch.  I started that before I found this thread.  That kext was supposedly patched for 10.8.3, and it helped me with the myhack install with 10.8.3, and I figured I may as well use it with your stuff.

Thanks for the rollback kexts. I'll be pleased to get USB 2.0 fully working.

EDIT: Yep, those USB kexts worked like a charm. Thanks again. I'M DONE!  Well, done once I install a compatible wifi card.

well welcome to our forum..... this is all because of your inspiration. we decided to continue your work. cheers

I'm flattered.   And it's nice to see that so much good work has already been done on my new E6430 and I don't have to reinvent the wheel!

This really does make a nice hack - it flies!  I am already looking at live HDTV with it with the OSX version of VLC and my HDHOMERUN Prime's DLNA stream.  Awesome stuff!

The content of this thread needs some consolidation and organization.  Once done, it needs to be pinned. 

• Like 2