e6430 with NVS5200/Intel HD 4000

gouki

My Dell Wireless 1505 is not working in OSX, and I am wondering  what half card ones there are that also work well in Linux and Windows.  I need to replace this one, evidently.  Other than that, my E6430 is purring happily along.

Actually, it's a 1504, not a 1505.

Edited by leppy700m

Look here and complete if possible: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-wireless-cards-inventory/

I understood the 1505 to be supported, but it looks like it isn't OOB; I had a doubt about it as you may notice. Look for a kext for that BCM chip.

Actually, mine is a DW1504 half card.  I posted my result in that thread along with the device ids.

Edit: After more research, it seems Apple never supported this chipset.  So the DW1504/BCM4313 is unsupported completely.  I've ordered a different (supported) card from Ebay.

For those with the e6430 and a quad core cpu, is the activity monitor supposed to show only 1 cpu graph?  I would think that it should at least show 4 for the 4 cores or maybe 8 with hyperthreading.  My macbook air shows 4.  Just curious if I maybe missed something that would enable full cpu.

For those with the e6430 and a quad core cpu, is the activity monitor supposed to show only 1 cpu graph?  I would think that it should at least show 4 for the 4 cores or maybe 8 with hyperthreading.  My macbook air shows 4.  Just curious if I maybe missed something that would enable full cpu.

I have ML on my 2600K desktop.  It shows 1 CPU graph.  It may be a ML thing?  What versions are your others running?

• Moderators

If you double click on the CPU Usage, you'll see all 8 CPU history.

Screen Shot 2013-04-12 at 9.08.13 AM.png

Has anyone attempted to use a docking station before?  Everything works great on the laptop itself, but when docked, there is no video on the external display.  The display is hooked up via dvi to the docking station.  Just curious if anyone has tried and/or gotten it to work.

I am wondering this as well... 

leppy700m, it looks like we have pretty similar setups.  

Have you figured out how to get sleep working?

I used the files from Jake Lo's tutorial and replaced my wifi card with the one he recomended and it works great.

I have a docking station, but I don't get any video out of the DVI ports.  the USB ports work I think... but I did have to roll back the kexts to the USB2 ones.