e6430 with NVS5200/Intel HD 4000

gouki

Trying to get  my system working I have had no luck.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5637-trying-to-follow-jake-on-6430/

Posted a plea for help there & Jake tried but I have gone backwards. Now I can't get it to boot from the USB drive (5 different ones now)

I have tried everything in jakes thread, this one & gleaned from all over the net

I tried Mavericks to no avail.

Below is a screenshot of my system config:

sys_zpsb1d50ddd.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thnaks. I tried repeatedly last night on multiple drives including a 16gb SD card taken from my camera (using an adapter) and all I get now is this Boot0 error. Just tried your new guide same error.

Trying again as I type, just said no to MBR going back to 10.8 after several 10.9 attempts..

Thanks

Install completed after asking questions I did my best to answer (no to one it suggested was the right answer if you have Nvdia and no to one that said choose that if you don't have ECC memory).

It boots to invalid partition and then the apple with wheel and sits there I let it sit for more than 10 minutes 2x then tried the choices in boot menu.

It goes back to the apple in one & multiple errors in the other. 

It is currently sitting on the apple screen.

photocopy3_zpsb792fc53.jpg

• Moderators

e30cabrio,

On your earlier screenshots on the other thread, I see you have windows installed. Did you wipe it out or keeping it as dual boot?

If wiping, you should format drive to GPT and Extended Journaled.

Did you also set the BIOS as stated on my guide?

Note: You don't have to use USB drive as Installer, you could also use external USB HDD or SSD as I do.

It had windows and I was trying to install without wiping but have since wiped.

It is installed with invalid boot partition and worked minus wifi . I installed Chameleon but still have the boot error. It had touchpad and I ran EDP trying to get wifi and lost touchpad.

It's progress but I'll be darned if this is not frustrating.

photo_zpsf88a62f3.jpg

• Moderators

It had windows and I was trying to install without wiping but have since wiped.

It is installed with invalid boot partition and worked minus wifi . I installed Chameleon but still have the boot error. It had touchpad and I ran EDP trying to get wifi and lost touchpad.

It's progress but I'll be darned if this is not frustrating.

What wireless card do you have on your system?

From terminal, run lspci -nn and put result here.

Most like you have an Intel Centrino and it's not supported. You need to replace it. Running EDP will not fix it.

When you run EDP build, it'll replace your Extra folder and backup the old one on the same directory. If you want to revert back, just run myHack and choose install Extra and point to the backup folder. You should select Yes to remove all 3 kexts when prompt even if you have the nvidia card.

Installing Chameleon from myHack to your running OSX (root) should remove the "Invalid Partition Table".