Installing new hardware; WLAN card in ML

dziwei

My D630 2.0Ghz 2gb nvidia machine came with Intel wifi card (reported not to work & doesn't).  I want to install a Broadcom BCM94312MCG to see if I can get wifi working.  recommendations?  I was just gonna pop it in and see what happens but then thought there might be a better way...

tnx

got in the machine ok but not working, got no visible wifi networks in airport utility.  downloaded a kext file for the broadcom and researching the syntax to install manually.  searched for install kext & install kext manually on the forum but didn't find instructions...  advice?  tnx!

• Administrators

If you've installed OS X according to the OSXL procedure (i.e. with myHack installer), just copy thje kext to /E/E and run myFix (full) to set permissions and rebuild caches. On reboot, if the kext does support your card, you'll have a new Wifi card in the Network Pref Pane.

The only info I have on the card at this point is in my first post (Broadcom BCM94312MCG), ugh.  Sorry but the card is buried deep in my machine now... next time I have it apart I will be happy to post an update!