Can not get internet

MikeyP97

Hello Everybody,

I have a problem I was hoping someone could help me solve. After I install OS X 10.6.3 on my computer I can not get Internet connection. I would understand this if I was using a wireless connection, but I'm using my ethernet cable. It still tells me that I don't have an internet connection and I don't know what to do.

• Administrators

You're gonna have to provide a bit more details...

What Ethernet card/interface do you have on your computer? Do you see it in Network Pref Pane or in the System Report? If not, it will require a kext or patching of an existing kext. Hence the need to know the specifications of that piece of hardware (PCI vendor id and Device id).

My motherboard has built in ethernet, and I'm pretty sure that I need to find a new kext for it, but have had no luck finding one on the internet.

CPU: Phenom II X6 1040t

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

My motherboard has built in ethernet, and I'm pretty sure that I need to find a new kext for it, but have had no luck finding on on the internet.

CPU: Phenom II X6 1040t

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

According to Asus website this motherboard was said to be having "Realtek® 8111E , 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)" so try to install Realtek kext "RealtekRTL81xx.kext" for getting it work.

According to Asus website this motherboard was said to be having "Realtek® 8111E , 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)" so try to install Realtek kext "RealtekRTL81xx.kext" for getting it work.

I tried this, the system rebooted afterwards, and when my desktop loaded it still said that I could not connect to the internet. It does not even give me the option to use ethernet. I downloaded the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90 package, which seems to be the latest

I tried this, the system rebooted afterwards, and when my desktop loaded it still said that I could not connect to the internet. It does not even give me the option to use ethernet. I downloaded the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90 package, which seems to be the latest

Do you see any errors in the system log? Did you check at Network preferences for any interface being detected?