Optiplex 9010

Jake Lo

Cheers Guys,

Extra folder works very nicely in a 7010 DT also. Pretty much the same business as a 9010 except no raid chip (think thats the only diff off the top of my head)

Lovely i have 100s of these at work. Time to troll my IT guys. "I deleted system32 like the internet told me to and look what happened!"

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Trying to get my Dell Optiplex 9010 to work (looks different to your picture, smaller form factor) but when I boot the MyHack USB I get stuck at grey screen with spinning beach ball.

Display connected via display-port.

Did you use the Bootpack above?

Boot with the option -v and post your error here.

• Like 1

This worked great in my 9010 minitower. Everything seems to work except USB3. All USB ports show up as Hi-Speed, none Super-Speed. I have a feeling this is because Dell doesn't provide BIOS settings for xHCI and they set it to the wrong setting for OSX. Anyone else have any luck with 9010 USB3?

• Moderators

I have a dell optiplex 9010 DT with an AMD 5750 graphics card. How do I disable the graphics card? Also, will OP's bootpack work with mine? It is a corei5 with 4gb RAM and 500GB hard disk? Thanks in advance. 

yeshu1984,

As I recall, you can't disable the external display card, just disconnect it and remove it from the system. Yes, the bootpack will work on your i5 system as well.

JL

• Like 1

yeshu1984,

As I recall, you can't disable the external display card, just disconnect it and remove it from the system. Yes, the bootpack will work on your i5 system as well.

JL

Thanks, Jake. I will try it today after disconnecting the graphics card.