Optiplex 9010

Jake Lo

• Moderators

Ok, so I've made it to the installation now and first reboot.

Here is what I did to get it working...have a few other issues now, please see below if you can help:

1) Create myhack USB bootable disk.

2) Download/Install chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) onto the bootable disk, this has IGPEnabler=Yes support by default for the HD2500 graphics card.

3) Download the natit.kext files, as well as the Intel graphics kext from this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

Extract those and put them in the Extra Extensions folder on the USB disk.  Run a myfix on the disk.  It should then add/update those new kext files to support booting and the graphics card.

Files from that link are for 1st generation Intel HD graphics, you have a 3 generation Intel HD graphics. 

Files from that link are for 1st generation Intel HD graphics, you have a 3 generation Intel HD graphics. 

Exactly, can get the setup to run this way.   Upon one reboot, it won't boot correctly anymore.

After the intial install, I didn't do any Extras with myhack and install those at all.  Just whatever it determined.

It identifies the card as a HD4000 Intel on the system info screen upon the one good boot.

If I go safe mode, it will show it as a HD2500.

So, if someone has a link to the 3rd Gen that will work on 10.8.5, that would be appreciated.

I noticed, but didn't write down, it had some default kernel switches upon successful boot one time. Rebooted, now it won't load the video except only in -x safe mode.  But no USB ports in safe mode.

So...kind of stuck right now with safe mode and not the proper video drivers.  Safe mode only works by having the HDMI plugged into it with another monitor as well.  Not the built-in.

What a mess...haha...

• Moderators

This worked great in my 9010 minitower. Everything seems to work except USB3. All USB ports show up as Hi-Speed, none Super-Speed. I have a feeling this is because Dell doesn't provide BIOS settings for xHCI and they set it to the wrong setting for OSX. Anyone else have any luck with 9010 USB3?

Bronxteck found a solution to get USB3 loaded. You need to get a patched DSDT. Just extract a clean DSDT from Chameleon. Search for "Windows 2009" and change it to "Darwin". Added the DSDT to Extra and reboot. Bam! USB3 enabled. Of course you'll need to add GenericUSBXHCI.kext too.

Hi, trying to get USB 3.0 to work... have added the Generic USBXHCI.kext but I'm a little confused how to patch the dsdt. I've extracted a clean dsdt using dsdteditor and I'm not sure where i need to search for Windows 2009 so i can change it to darwin. Any help would be appreciated.

• Moderators

Hi, trying to get USB 3.0 to work... have added the Generic USBXHCI.kext but I'm a little confused how to patch the dsdt. I've extracted a clean dsdt using dsdteditor and I'm not sure where i need to search for Windows 2009 so i can change it to darwin. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to decompile DSDT.aml to DSDT.dsl. You can then edit with textpad. Once done, re-compile it. 

• Administrators

you can also use dsdteditor that you used to get it. then recompile it after the change.

or try my dsdt in my extra folder. The org.chameleon is coded for hd4000 for my ivy 3770 core using framebuffer=9.

jake please test the whole extra. let me know if it needs more tweaking.

Extra 2.zip

Hello I followed the instructions and i'm able to boot now with the switch -f. If no switch then kernel panic. I'm actually writing this post on my new maverick del 9010 i7. Please see screen shot.

Is there anyway to boot with the -f switch? 

Also i think i need to update the sound driver

post-49043-0-04871000-1386803403_thumb.png

• Moderators

Hello I followed the instructions and i'm able to boot now with the switch -f. If no switch then kernel panic. I'm actually writing this post on my new maverick del 9010 i7. Please see screen shot.

Is there anyway to boot with the -f switch? 

Also i think i need to update the sound driver

Try Bronxteck's bootpack above. Works like a charm, sleeps too!

you can also use dsdteditor that you used to get it. then recompile it after the change.

or try my dsdt in my extra folder org.chameleon is coded for hd4000 on my ivy 3770 core using framebuffer=9.

jake please test the whole extra. let me no if it needs more tweaking.

Bronxteck, I finally had a chance to test your DSDT, works nicely. Only problem I notice is the audio doesn't automatically switch over to headphone when it's plugged in or vice versa. I'll test it some more and make some changes.