Optiplex 9010

Jake Lo

Hi Bronxteck and Jake. 

I extracted the extra 2.zip file and then i simply copied dsdt.aml, smbios.plist and org.chamelon.boot.plist to the /Extra. Then i went into the  downloaded extra folder and copied all content under extensions and then pasted it to /Systems/Library/Extensions. Afterwards, i repair permission and reboot. Still same problem. 

Am i doing it wrong?

• Moderators

Hi Bronxteck and Jake. 

I extracted the extra 2.zip file and then i simply copied dsdt.aml, smbios.plist and org.chamelon.boot.plist to the /Extra. Then i went into the  downloaded extra folder and copied all content under extensions and then pasted it to /Systems/Library/Extensions. Afterwards, i repair permission and reboot. Still same problem. 

Am i doing it wrong?

If you're following the myHack Method, you should just replace your entire Extra folder with Extra2.zip. Run myHack/myfix (full). Full because you're having caching issue. Reboot. You should not have to touch SLE at all.

If you're following the myHack Method, you should just replace your entire Extra folder with Extra2.zip. Run myHack/myfix (full). Full because you're having caching issue. Reboot. You should not have to touch SLE at all.

Ok, so i replaced the extra folder on the root of the HD with the content of extra2.zip. I then ran myhack/my fix in FULL mode. I go and reboot without switches and i get a panic. Please see image attached. 

Seeing the error was related to apple power management i ran the myhack and choose patch appleintellpowermanagement. After this completed, i was no longer able to boot with any flags.

Good thing i got an image of the install. I kept on trying various things from myhack(install extra, chameleon, etc)  but they all failed and had to re-image each time to get it up and running with the -f flag.  

post-49043-0-41557200-1386899714_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Ok, so i replaced the extra folder on the root of the HD with the content of extra2.zip. I then ran myhack/my fix in FULL mode. I go and reboot without switches and i get a panic. Please see image attached. 

Seeing the error was related to apple power management i ran the myhack and choose patch appleintellpowermanagement. After this completed, i was no longer able to boot with any flags.

Good thing i got an image of the install. I kept on trying various things from myhack(install extra, chameleon, etc)  but they all failed and had to re-image each time to get it up and running with the -f flag.  

You don't need to reimage every time. Just boot with the Installer, select myHack, Install Extra, and point it to the Extra folder in your boot stick. That will bring you back to your original build. As for appleintelCPUpowermanagement, it looks like it's not loading the version from myHack. It'll show version 1111 as Bronxteck stated. Try my patched version 216.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

Place it in E/E, run myHack/myfix (quick).

Ok, the problem is fixed!!! I can boot without any switches. I found one of your other threads saying to delete the myhack.kext from S/L/E and do a full myfix. My last problem now is the audio. It's not installed. I have tried different things from other sites and as well but no luck. I've tried runing the multifail to install voodoo and realtek drivers to no avail. Probably need to build my own dsdt??

Thanks guys.

OMG!^^^^ Okay i'm already feeling bad about myself. I haven't been playing basket ball very well lately among other problems at home. Now i feel every worst that I forgot I had disabled sound in the bios :(.... Audio is working now that i enabled it in the bios. Thanks for your help. I'm gonna go and hang myself now!!!