Optiplex 9010

Jake Lo

Ok, I feel a little stupid because I must be missing something. I created a Install USB and put the Extra - Opt9010 on the USB as well. I used the raid utility in the BIOS to create a Stripe. When I boot into the installer I only see the USB key that the installer is on. No disks to install to. I tried installing myhack Extra but get error "myHack requires at lease one HFS formatted Partition" I'm getting stuck because I have no where to install to. I only own one USB Key or I would install to that and then follow the instructions "

1. Boot your (installed) Mountain Lion from your USB.
  2. When booted, open myHack.app from the install USB.
  3. Choose Install myHack Utilities.
  4. When done, open again and choose: Install Chameleon.
  5. When done, open again and choose: Install Extra. Select the Extra from this first post.

After this you should be able to boot from your hard drive, instead of your USB :-)."

Where are you guys installing to? I see people are installing to USB and then somehow write the data to disk but this must be where I'm missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Close but no cigar yet. After hit yes three times and got the failure I simply rebooted but get "No Boot Device Found". I went back into my installer and followed "

1. Boot from your USB.
  2. When booted, open myHack.app from the install USB.
  3. Choose Install myHack Utilities.
  4. When done, open again and choose: Install Chameleon.
  5. When done, open again and choose: Install Extra. Select the Extra from this first post.

After this you should be able to boot from your hard drive, instead of your USB :-)."

Still "No Boot Device"

:(

• Moderators

have you tried updating the bios to resolve the sleep issue? i think it's at a14 now. there where some sleep fixes along the way.

Bronxteck,

Just upgraded bios to A14, same thing. I think I need to get a patch DSDT for sleep. Already tried sleepenabler, will get a KP. Not a big deal for me since it's a desktop, but display sleeps fine.