Mac on D830

tallmantim

• Administrators

Install Chameleon Wizard and double click on your Chameleon boot plist in /Extra; you'll then see all those options you inquire about.

Chameleon wizard will also show you your current version of Chameleon; that can be important as some recent versions have a kind of bug where the bootloader keeps memory of previously used boot flags and options. You should be able to use Chameleon r2189 without issue (update if necessary). If it appears to keep memory of previously used flags and/or options, press a key at bootloader delay bar, delete any flags or options that may be listed and replace them them with a space.

The booptacks are a minimum set of kexts and tables required to boot myHack installer and complete your initial OS X installation on your system. EDP is the fine-tuning post-install tool that you run to finalise your OS X installation. EDP will enable all those functionalities that may be missing at initial installation (audio, SpeedStep, TrackPad, etc.).

When you run EDP and do a system build, use all default kextpacks that are offered. Your D830 will then be fully functional after a reboot, whether trackpad or audio. The default ANV-Slice trackpad kext does require a light finger for moving the mouse and a slightly heavier/normal finger for scrolling. It takes a little habit to get use to. If you want to change your trackpad kexts, re-do an EDP system build and choose a different trackpad pack.

Sleep should be working natively without issue and without SleepEnabler kext. Same for CPU management: it does not require nullCPUPowerManagement kext. So, if you see those 2 in /Extra/Extensions (that's where all non-Vanilla kexts should go), delete them and rebuild caches & permissions with myFix (full).

Finally, remember to check your BIOS settings against those published in the pinned thread.

Cool! Works much better now.

20 second boot time from the Chameleon boot countdown. 

Sleep works perfectly - with it coming right back to where you were instantly.

Turned off scrolling on the trackpad - it was that feature that was confusing! Simpler to work without it I think for me and my father.

Cheap wireless card from ebay working perfectly (DW1430 I think from memory) - cost $10 or 11 for 2 delivered.

Webcam working straight away.

So - all in all pretty much complete! Just trackstick not operational, but I think it's just a matter of getting used to the trackpad...

Bought another one of these ;-)

My daughter wants one too. 

$100 for this one (sans power supply) with Nvidia graphics but WXGA rather than WUXGA. Bought 2x broadcom wifi cards the other day so will immediately put in the correct wifi card.

Should be very easy now I know what to do!

Hello

Strange issue - after successfully installing previously, now cannot install!

Have the USB drive, installed myHack, used ML DMG, ran myFix, installed D830 extra with myHack.

Goes all the way through the ML install, asks for extras, select the default and the install then just stops.

If I reboot the Mac comes back up - but stalls on the Mac logo during boot.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Tim