Dell Latitude E6330

peekstar

Hi all,

I have just got a Latitude E6330 and using the E6430 guide by Jake Lo here I have successfully installed ML 10.8.3.

So big thanks to Jake and everyone here that contributes to EDP.

A few things are not working yet(bluetooth, VGA, Wireless) and a few things I haven't tried(HDMI, sleep).

Is anyone able to help me get bluetooth and VGA working please?

I'd like to get HDMI working too, but that is not a priority.

My system specs are:

E6330 - BIOS A09

Core i5 3320M 2.6GHz

Intel HD4000

4GB

320GB

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: I know the Intel Wireless won't work, will get a Dell wireless card soon.

Console shows this for the bluetooth 

[bluetoothHIDDevice][initWithHIDDevice] Unable to get Object ID from IORegistry

Edit2 : Now have bluetooth working after added my device ID to IOBluetoothFamily.kext/BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport.kext

And sleep is working too!

Fixes:

• Fix for screen artifacts: Use BIOS rev. A08: E6330A08.rar (Added by EDP Team)

• Moderators

Is anyone able to help me get bluetooth and VGA working please?

I'd like to get HDMI working too, but that is not a priority.

My system specs are:

E6330 - BIOS A09

Core i5 3320M 2.6GHz

Intel HD4000

4GB

320GB

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: I know the Intel Wireless won't work, will get a Dell wireless card soon.

Console shows this for the bluetooth 

[bluetoothHIDDevice][initWithHIDDevice] Unable to get Object ID from IORegistry

Edit2 : Now have bluetooth working after added my device ID to IOBluetoothFamily.kext/BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport.kext

And sleep is working too!

To get VGA working you need to patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.  EMlyDinEsH will be posting a guide in the near future according to this thread.

Hi! I have tried to install 10.8.3 on a E6330 according to the way described above. Unfortunately it did not work and already booting the install stick ends with: "Still waiting for root device".

Has someone experienced the same and has a hint for me in order to solve the issue?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Hi! I have tried to install 10.8.3 on a E6330 according to the way described above. Unfortunately it did not work and already booting the install stick ends with: "Still waiting for root device".

Has someone experienced the same and has a hint for me in order to solve the issue?

Thanks!

Hi snoopers,

First of all, please list the system specs. Is it the same as above?

Make sure to check the BIOS and change it accordingly i.e. AHCI

Sorry, sometimes I feel really stupid. I was not aware about the different USB ports of the machine. The combined eSATA/USB part was the solution! I was able to install 10.8.3 and it is working so far. The machine configuration is the same as posted by the thread opener, apart from BIOS A01.

I have discovered the same problem on first boot but was able to fix that with installing chameleon by using myHack. From what I see in the system profiler I think it is pretty much the same as the thread opener has described (no Bluetooth, etc.)

Anyway, the machine is in a condition I can work with. Sleep is working, shut down seems to have a problem as the computer is not able to shut down on its own.

At the end, this computer was easier to install as the D620 I have used before. So I would say thank you to all the people who are spending their time to develop these insane tools and provide their solutions to the public. Great work!

• Moderators

Sorry, sometimes I feel really stupid. I was not aware about the different USB ports of the machine. The combined eSATA/USB part was the solution! I was able to install 10.8.3 and it is working so far. The machine configuration is the same as posted by the thread opener, apart from BIOS A01.

I have discovered the same problem on first boot but was able to fix that with installing chameleon by using myHack. From what I see in the system profiler I think it is pretty much the same as the thread opener has described (no Bluetooth, etc.)

Anyway, the machine is in a condition I can work with. Sleep is working, shut down seems to have a problem as the computer is not able to shut down on its own.

At the end, this computer was easier to install as the D620 I have used before. So I would say thank you to all the people who are spending their time to develop these insane tools and provide their solutions to the public. Great work!

Run myfix (full) to rebuild cache and permission, see if that fixes the shutdown issue.