Dell Latitude E6330

peekstar

Yep, I had quite a few attempts at getting VGA working without success.

I think Jake posted somewhere that it is impossible on E6X30 laptops.

I have fixed AppleHDA though.

I have this working nicely on Mavericks. After trying Jakes HDA for E6430 I found a slightly different one on InsanelyMac(which enabled ambient noise reduction on internal mic). I then enabled LineIn on this which fixed the combo port. 

But, the Mic/LineIn has really low sensitivity. So, once I have played around some more with that I will post the kext if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Can you post your new AppleHDA please?

can anyone help me?

i am trying to get m.l 10.8.5 to work. i used the guide in the OP m.l installed successfully but my bluetooth isn't working, my battery indicator isn't showing, Multitouch on the trackpad doesn't work and i cant boot in m.l without the install usb in the sata/usb combo port.

This is really annoying me as ive been at this all day.

can someone provide me an extra for m.l 10.8.5 which works properly?

• Moderators

can anyone help me?

i am trying to get m.l 10.8.5 to work. i used the guide in the OP m.l installed successfully but my bluetooth isn't working, my battery indicator isn't showing, Multitouch on the trackpad doesn't work and i cant boot in m.l without the install usb in the sata/usb combo port.

This is really annoying me as ive been at this all day.

can someone provide me an extra for m.l 10.8.5 which works properly?

what error are you getting if you boot without the usb installer?

• Like 1

I have ambient with TUX FIRE, and I just patch 10.9 applehda by its resource. Can you try kexts and dsdt patches I posted here?

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5856-dell-e5430-os-x-mavericks-clover-uefi/&do=findComment&comment=31499

Thank you.

I had a go with your HDA kext but it was the same, no external mic. I modified the verbs for external mic but it still didn't work.

Possibly because of the layout used from DSDT? I don't have much time to spend on this now as I'm going on holiday tomorrow!

Sherry, from memory, I think after Bluetooth, OS X then loads your graphics.

What have you in DSDT and graphics kexts? Also, I assume you have a E6330, what CPU do you have?

Cheers