Dell Latitude E6330

peekstar

Could someone try my Clover guide on a clean install and report?

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6372-guide-dell-latitude-5x30-clover-install-guide/

Hey all,

I've tried this with Yosemite(final) but after booting the USB installer my system panics.

Looks like AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is the offending kext.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or has anyone had any success with Clover and Yosemite(final) on their E6330?

Cheers

Add nullCPUPowerManagement to 1010. After that you could patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and remove nullCPU...

Thanks Jake.

This enabled me to boot from my USB installer and get Yosemite installed.

I then ran through the rest of  pokenguyen's guide.

I couldn't get my DSDT to compile though so I just used the one I'm currently using on Mavericks.

Most things seem to work!

Things that don't work : Brightness controls for the laptop screen(either keyboard buttons or the slider in sys prefs), microphone input on combo port(I can probably fix this), noise cancelling on built in mic(can probably fix this too) and the battery detection seems a bit sporadic(when running on battery it trys to calculate how much running time I have left, but then the icon flashes to show I have no battery, then comes back as normal again).

Haven't tried mini HDMI output yet, might be able to try that this weekend.

Thanks again guys!

• Moderators

Use ACPIBatteryManager v1.5.3. Patch AICPM and remove NullCPM. You can use your DSDT and SSDT from your Mavericks installation. If you want me to try patch your DSDT, extract it with MacIASL and send it.

Can't help with the AppleHDA mic, I didn't create the patch, I just update it to latest version. I was originally patched by our developer EmlyDenish and then modded by ktbos.