Installing ML on Dell E6530

jd_guthrie

I've had a desktop hackintosh that was custom built for the past 4 years.  I've recently sold that machine and bought an iMac.  My employeer is providing me with a Dell E6530.  I want to run dual boot OSX ML.  Here are the specs.

i5-3340M

Nvidia 5200M

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Wireless card

I see a bootpack for this machine but it's running an i7 3520 but with the same graphics card.  Is the DSDT processor specific?  I would guess not unless it has been modified in some way for speedstep.  Any input would be helpful.  This will be my first laptop hackintosh.  Thanks.

• Moderators

I've had a desktop hackintosh that was custom built for the past 4 years.  I've recently sold that machine and bought an iMac.  My employeer is providing me with a Dell E6530.  I want to run dual boot OSX ML.  Here are the specs.

i5-3340M

Nvidia 5200M

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Wireless card

I see a bootpack for this machine but it's running an i7 3520 but with the same graphics card.  Is the DSDT processor specific?  I would guess not unless it has been modified in some way for speedstep.  Any input would be helpful.  This will be my first laptop hackintosh.  Thanks.

I don't believe this particular DSDT is CPU specific. You'll have to generate your own SSDT for your CPU. Try it and post back for help here if you encounter any issue.

You can install with our bootpack. (Just follow our documentation).

But don't install EDP itself! Wait there and contact Dinesh, through the DSDT / SSDT topic, in the DSDT section of the forum.

You can install with our bootpack. (Just follow our documentation).

But don't install EDP itself! Wait there and contact Dinesh, through the DSDT / SSDT topic, in the DSDT section of the forum.

Please forgive my ignorance.  I'm all to familiar with tonycrapx86's tools for running a hackintosh but no so much with this website's.  What is the difference between the bootpack and the EDP?  I've downloaded the bootpack and found a lot of familiar folders and files.  What does the EDP do?

Hi All,

Also having some problems installing onto E6530 using the myhack USB,

followed the documentation.

also set the following

• Ensure you have your SATA controllers in AHCI mode.
  • Ensure you have enabled your CPU’s C states.

and

"Also make sure Optimus under Video is uncheck / disable in the BIOS and enable XD CPU support under security"

it gets to the welcome screen but cannot chose a language, the laptop keyboard, mouse or trackpad not responding and if i attach an external device still the same.

if boot with external mouse or keyboard it halts @ [ PCI configuration end, bridges 6 devices 14]

any help appreciated.

E6530 Spec

Intel I7-3740QM

Nvidia NVS 5200M+Intel HD 4000

LAN: Intel 82579M

• Moderators

Hi All,

Also having some problems installing onto E6530 using the myhack USB,

followed the documentation.

also set the following

• Ensure you have your SATA controllers in AHCI mode.
  •  
  • Ensure you have enabled your CPU’s C states.
  •  

and

"Also make sure Optimus under Video is uncheck / disable in the BIOS and enable XD CPU support under security"

it gets to the welcome screen but cannot chose a language, the laptop keyboard, mouse or trackpad not responding and if i attach an external device still the same.

if boot with external mouse or keyboard it halts @ [ PCI configuration end, bridges 6 devices 14]

any help appreciated.

E6530 Spec

Intel I7-3740QM

Nvidia NVS 5200M+Intel HD 4000

LAN: Intel 82579M

Daps,

Try replace attached ApplePS2Controller.kext in the Extra/Extension folder, run myfix on the USB Installer. This kext works for internal mouse and keyboard.

Also make sure to boot your USB Installer on the USB 2.0 port, should be on the left rear corner. Report back your progress.

Edit: Sorry forgot the attachment

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

Jake Lo,

in your signature you have "Latitude E6530, BIOS A09 | i7-3720QM 2.6GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia 5200M, 1920x1080 | Rebranded Dell DW1510 | Mountain Lion 10.8.3" as i have the same laptop would it be possible to send me all the files i need to get osx installed please?