Installing ML on Dell E6530

jd_guthrie

• Moderators

ok thx, sleep not a big deal any way.

All works except bluetooth and SD, will try using Kext from the other E6530 post, will report back shortly

tried the kext https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2401-install-on-dell-latitude-e6530/

installed using kext beast is this ok??? still no SD or Bluetooth, help please.

Placed the kext in Extra\Extension and run myfix/full

Daps,

Try replace attached ApplePS2Controller.kext in the Extra/Extension folder, run myfix on the USB Installer. This kext works for internal mouse and keyboard.

Also make sure to boot your USB Installer on the USB 2.0 port, should be on the left rear corner. Report back your progress.

Edit: Sorry forgot the attachment

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond back.  I'm just getting the laptop.  I'm having the same issue.  When I get to OSX setup screen I have no mice or keyboard.  I tried the ApplePS2Controller.kext and I still have the issue.  I haven't tried it without.  The drive is plugged into the left rear port.  Am I missing something?

• Moderators

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond back.  I'm just getting the laptop.  I'm having the same issue.  When I get to OSX setup screen I have no mice or keyboard.  I tried the ApplePS2Controller.kext and I still have the issue.  I haven't tried it without.  The drive is plugged into the left rear port.  Am I missing something?

After replacing ApplePS2Controller.kext in the USB installer, did you run myfix to update cache and fix permission?

Please list what's in your Extra\Extension folder of the USB installer.

After replacing ApplePS2Controller.kext in the USB installer, did you run myfix to update cache and fix permission?

Please list what's in your Extra\Extension folder of the USB installer.

Well, when I created my Extra folder using myhack I already had the kext in my Extra folder.  So when myhack installed my own Extra folder I assumed permission and cache update was taken care of.  I try that.

• Moderators

Well, when I created my Extra folder using myhack I already had the kext in my Extra folder.  So when myhack installed my own Extra folder I assumed permission and cache update was taken care of.  I try that.

Which Extra bootpack are you using?

Can you explain your step by step process you took to get this far?

Which Extra bootpack are you using?

Can you explain your step by step process you took to get this far?

Thank you very much for your time.  It is really appreciated.

I re-downloaded Mountain Lion from the App Store (had it from a previous hack).  Downloaded and installed myHack.  Downloaded bookpack from here.  Downloaded ApplePS2Controller.kext.  Dropped kext into Extra folder downloaded from bookpack.  Ran myHack pointed source to Mountain Lion app and destination to my 8gb usb drive.  Everything installed fine.  Ran myHack again, this time selecting the option to install "Extra".  Selected option to install my own custom.  Attempted to install.  Got the the OSX setup screen but had no mouse or keyboard.  Contacted the forum and you suggested to run myFix.  I did so and my situation is now worst.  I boot with verbose so I can see all of the kext loading.  It doesn't KP anywhere it just reboots and never gets to the setup screen now.  

• Moderators

Thank you very much for your time.  It is really appreciated.

I re-downloaded Mountain Lion from the App Store (had it from a previous hack).  Downloaded and installed myHack.  Downloaded bookpack from here.  Downloaded ApplePS2Controller.kext.  Dropped kext into Extra folder downloaded from bookpack.  Ran myHack pointed source to Mountain Lion app and destination to my 8gb usb drive.  Everything installed fine.  Ran myHack again, this time selecting the option to install "Extra".  Selected option to install my own custom.  Attempted to install.  Got the the OSX setup screen but had no mouse or keyboard.  Contacted the forum and you suggested to run myFix.  I did so and my situation is now worst.  I boot with verbose so I can see all of the kext loading.  It doesn't KP anywhere it just reboots and never gets to the setup screen now.  

Check out this post by another member who's using version 10.8.3 as the installer             #14