Installing ML on Dell E6530

jd_guthrie

• Moderators

Thanks, so this one SSDT file is the only SSDT that should be in my Extra folder, correct?

BTW, my CPU is a i5-3340M.

Your post above saids i5-3230M. In that case, use the SSDT from my guide right after IMPORTANT. Check to see if sleep works too.

Your post above saids i5-3230M. In that case, use the SSDT from my guide right after IMPORTANT. Check to see if sleep works too.

Oh sorry, I was mistaken.  I started my post yesterday from work when I was in the office and my laptop was at home.  I thought it was a 3230M, but it turns out it is most certainly a i5-3340.  Anyway, I did the:

"Replace SSDT in Extra if you have an i5-3340M zip.gif  SSDT-i5-3340M.zip"

It worked but it wouldn't wake up from sleep.  It would lock up after I re-logged-in.  Anyway, I don't care that much about sleep.  I've turned it off.  I'll also put back the original SSDTs from your zip file.

Bob

Oh sorry, I was mistaken.  I started my post yesterday from work when I was in the office and my laptop was at home.  I thought it was a 3230M, but it turns out it is most certainly a i5-3340.  Anyway, I did the:

"Replace SSDT in Extra if you have an i5-3340M zip.gif  SSDT-i5-3340M.zip"

It worked but it wouldn't wake up from sleep.  It would lock up after I re-logged-in.  Anyway, I don't care that much about sleep.  I've turned it off.  I'll also put back the original SSDTs from your zip file.

Bob

Follow up:

I put in the SSDTs from your zip and I changed DropSSDT to No and sleeps seems to be working now.   :-P

Thanks!

Follow up:

I put in the SSDTs from your zip and I changed DropSSDT to No and sleeps seems to be working now.   :-P

Thanks!

Nope, spoke too soon.  It went to sleep again.  I woke it up, logged in and the login screen is still there and the spinning pinwheel is rolling.  So sleep doesn't appear to work with or without DropSSDT.  

Again, I don't care that much about sleep, but if you want me to test fixes out, I'm happy to do so.

Bob

• Moderators

Nope, spoke too soon.  It went to sleep again.  I woke it up, logged in and the login screen is still there and the spinning pinwheel is rolling.  So sleep doesn't appear to work with or without DropSSDT.  

Again, I don't care that much about sleep, but if you want me to test fixes out, I'm happy to do so.

Bob

Use the SSDT for i5-3340m and select dropSSDT=Yes, uncheck both Generate P and C states

Use the SSDT for i5-3340m and select dropSSDT=Yes, uncheck both Generate P and C states

Tried that, dropSSDT=Yes and I added the flags for C and P States and set them to No.  Same result.  Since there weren't in Boot.plist the first time, I tried setting them to Yes.  No dice, same result.

I'm going to locate a Linux CD and get you the DSDT and SSDT dumps from that.  I'll forward it to you.

As a side note, connecting a VGA to the laptop and Fn+F8 switches to the VGA display but the screen goes completely crazy.  Toggling back and it is crazy on the laptop screen (by crazy I mean totally unreadable, lines, shadows, etc.).  I don't want to get off track, but if you know a quick tip for this, that would be great.

Bob

Here are the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/opnduoiddaxgj9t/E6530Maverics.txt

The above shows the contents of my /Extra and /Extra/Extensions folder as well as Boot.plist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pmi8ctvudoenq9/E6530.zip

The above is a dump of my E6530 from linux per instructions on this web site.

Hope this helps.