D620 10.7.5 Audio Issues

ktazn2k

Successfully installed OS X 10.7.5 and compiled using the latest version of EDP 5; however, I am still having minor audio issues.

My first build was using VoodooHDA 2.8.1. After boot up, the audio worked perfect. However, after about 30 minutes or so, the audio just completely shuts off and stops working. The output device (headphones) is still being recognized by the OS and you can still adjust the volume, but no audio comes out at all. I can only get the audio back after restarting.

So I went to build again with VoodooHDA 2.7.4. This version worked perfect and doesn't have the problem 2.8.1 does. However, I seem to be getting random KPs with it, or I think. At least one KP a day. I can't narrow it down to it being related to the VoodooHDA though, as when it does KP, nothing shows up except the gray screen telling you to restart the computer. Can't find anything in logs either. The reason I think it's audio related is because it always happens during the time I'm using iTunes and playing music.

I haven't tested 2.8.1 long enough to see if it is more stable than 2.7.4, can't get pass the audio not working after awhile.

Tips?

Do you have a DW530 bluetooth module installed at all? That was known to cut audio off.

You could also try the patched STAC92xx kext to see if it makes any difference.

Thank you very much for supplying this info. I put the latest 2.8.1 version of VoodooHDA back and then turned off bluetooth completely in the BIOS (I don't ever use it anyways). So far, it has pretty much completely solved the problem.

I also did the second suggestion of repairing permissions. Though I keep a habit to do that from time to time. So far it is running well. I will let you know if it kernel panics again. Crossing my fingers it won't.