Kernel Panic after booting from Chameleon

vvinushan

I managed to boot up the installer from myHack's generic extra with the commands -f and -v. But the installation hangs at random places of the installation (including the actual installation). I also tried usbbusfix=no but it made no difference. Please help me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Make your myHack installer according to our guide AND use the appropriate D630 Lion bootpack. If you don't use the correct bootpack or no bootpack at all, you're highly likely have trouble. Remember, you must choose the right one out of the 3: D630 intel graphics LoRes, D630 intel graphics HiRes and D630 nVidia graphics.

Provide your laptop's specifications in details (BIOS version, CPU, RAM, graphics chip, LCD resolution, wifi card, bluetooth module, etc.) so that we try and spot anything obvious like unsupported hardware.

If you follow the OSXL guide to the letter, you normally can't fail.

Thanks for reply so quickly. I have used the correct Bootpack (Dell Latitude D630, Intel x3100 graphics (1440x900)) and followed your guide of installing myHack on the USB. Also, if it helps, I used Virtualbox (Mac OS X Guest) to install myHack to my USB.

Specs:

System: Latitude D630

BIOS Version: A18 (12/06/2011)

Processor Type: Intel® Core2 Duo Processor

Current clock speed: 1.80 GHz

Minimum clock speed: 1.20 GHz

Maximum clock speed: 1.80 GHz

Processor Cache Size: 2048 KB

Dual Core Present : Yes

Memory Installed: 2048 MB

Memory Available: 2037 MB

Memory Speed: 667 MHz

Memory Channel Mode: Dual

Memory Technology: DDR2 SDRAM

Primary Hard Drive: 80 GB HDD

Modular Bay Device: CD-RW/DVD Combo

Video Controller: Intel Crestline Graphics

Video BIOS Version: 1588

Native Resolution: 1440 by 900

Audio Controller: Sigmatel 9205

Modem Controller: Conexant HDA D330 MDC

Wi-Fi Device: Intel Wireless

AC Adapter Type: 65 W

Integrated NIC: Enabled w/PXE

SATA Operation: ATA

USB Emulation: Enabled

• Administrators

As indicated on the 12th, start by setting your BIOS according to the recommended parameters. You have not done that and your system is not configured suitably. There's a pinned post for BIOS settings right at the top of the D6x0 section, you'll find everything you need in there.

Take that Intel wireless card out, it's not supported and needs to be replaced. Creation of myHack USB installer is often problematic when done in Virtual Machines.

A little research and readings on the forum would have helped you.  <_>

Hello again Herve. I searched the forum as you advised and replaced the wireless card with Dell Wireless 1490 Airport Extreme (compatitble) and set the BIOS settings to the tested settings. I was able to boot up the installer and format the hard drive as a GUID. However, when it is in the installation process, it says Install Failed: Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer. I have tried restarting and installing again but the error comes back. I have also tried installing Mountain Lion with a method you provided once but there is also an error. I haven't got the log from the Mountain Lion but I think it would be the same error. This is what I got from the installer log after PackageKit: ----- Begin install ----- at 06:34:53:

Line 18 May 30 06:36:23 macbook-001c23120b2b OSInstaller[331]: PackageKit: Got copier error 2 extracting to path ./System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/CardDAVPlugin.sourcebundle/Contents/MacOS/CardDAVPlugin: Read-only file system

Line 19 May 30 06:36:23 macbook-001c23120b2b Unknown[315]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-37/Common/DataPool.c:135: Error: finished pool without filling it

Line 20 May 30 06:36:23 macbook-001c23120b2b Unknown[315]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-37/Common/commonUtils.c:360: Error: fh_pread  -1

Line 21 May 30 06:36:23 macbook-001c23120b2b Unknown[315]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-37/Common/StreamCompressor.c:294: Error: pread failed for /Volumes/Macintosh HD/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root//System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/CardDAVPlugin.sourcebundle/Contents/MacOS/CardDAVPlugin: Invalid argument

Line 22 May 30 06:36:24 macbook-001c23120b2b Unknown[315]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-37/Common/StreamCompressor.c:928: Error: returning errno 22 from FinishStreamCompressorQueue

Line 23 May 30 06:36:40 macbook-001c23120b2b OSInstaller[331]: PackageKit: Install failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg"."UserInfo=0x7fda1ac9a640 {NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting the files from the package "Essentials.pkg"., NSFilePath=/Volumes/Macintosh HD/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fda1ac94070 "The operation couldn't be completed. FinishStreamCompressorQueue error"} {

Line 24 May 30 06:36:41 macbook-001c23120b2b OSInstaller[331]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Line 25 May 30 06:36:42 macbook-001c23120b2b OSInstaller[331]: No system on disk Macintosh HD to revert bless

Line 26 May 30 06:36:42 macbook-001c23120b2b OSInstaller[331]: Unable to revert bless to target or imgsrc.

I opened the myHack application and chose Create OS X Installer and then Create 10.7 Installer. Pointed it to the volume (USB) and the 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app' and clicked OK when asked to erase data. After that, I reopened myHack and clicked 'Install Extra' and chose the extra folder I downloaded from the bootpacks.page.