Kernel Panic after booting from Chameleon

vvinushan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

You need to do a bit of research on the forum about creating the installer via Virtual Machines. As I said before, it's often problematic and clearly where your issues are coming from.

Also, once I rebooted, the boot screen takes very long to boot up. When I booted in verbose mode, this is what I got:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

If it will take some work to fix, then I might reinstall it as I am thinking of putting Mountain Lion with this guide: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2464-installing-ml-on-d630-gma-x3100-with-full-qeci/

Can I upgrade to future Mac (10.9 etc) after using MLPostFactor?

• Administrators

no... they might not be loading at all. you might have to do some research on your graphics and modify the installer as needed. whether it's removing kexts or modifying/changing or org.chameleon string edits

I have reinstalled with Mountain Lion using the steps Herve provided before. Everything was fine until I upgraded to 10.8.4 when I tried to connect to my network, it says "A connection timeout occured" (wifi). Does anyone know how to fix this?