Kernel Panic after booting from Chameleon

vvinushan

• Administrators

You've installed ML with MLPF hack on a D630 with X3100 graphics. Did you read the McRumors thread at all? The MLPF hack does not support upgrading ML in the standard way, at least not without re-running MLPF!

The procedure listed in the guides covered ML 10.8.0 to 10.8.3. You need to go back to the updated MLPF web site for the procedure that supports 10.8.4.

You'll probably have to start all over again.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I haven't used MLPF as the hack is quite aggressive (you mentioned it in the guide) so I have left my laptop without graphics acceleration and with normal ML graphics. The message ("A connection timeout occurred) after I updated to 10.8.4 the standard way. Is there another suggestion now that you know this?

• Administrators

10.8.4 pre-release versions were known to break Wifi, but until you say more about your own specs, there's little we can do or say.

If you're not intending to use MLPF on that D630, don't even think of running ML; there's really no point at all. However, since you're able to install an earlier ML release properly, I recommend that you make a new SL or Lion USB installer from that ML installation. This will get rid of all the trouble you encountered with your virtual machine.

I have a Dell Latitude D630 1440x900 with Intel x3100 graphics with Dell Wireless 1490 Airport card (Broadcom 4311). I have already made a backup installer of Lion using myHack with the working ML installation. Is there any suggestions now that you know more about my specs?

• Administrators

No, just follow the OSXL installation procedure with myHack + retail OS X installer + boot pack, then EDP system build. It really is very straight forward on those laptops.

• Administrators

i can confirm broken wifi on 10.8.4 with dw1395 it will connect to wep and non secure connections but will not connect to higher encryption networks like aes. have not found a solution.... D630 Nvidia with DW1395 wireless card. i think i might just have to install a card that works native without a modified broad com kext.

• Administrators

In that case, I can confirm that Atheros cards, as used in Apple Macs, appear unaffected by the 10.8.4 update. I switched from a Broadcom-based DW1395 'G' card to an ex-Apple Mac Atheros 9281 'N' card a couple of weeks ago in my D630 nVidia and no side affect to wifi after updating to 10.8.4.