New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

Hi bpedman,

Still happily scrolling all over the place. I've been experimenting with Mavericks a bit. The kext doesn't load on 10.9. Did you update the source on Github with the v7 version? As far as I can see it's not updated right? 

When I have the latest source code I'll try to recompile on Xcode 5 to see if it will run on Mavericks.

cheers

Whoops, you are right. Forgot about that. Just pushed up the source. Guess it looks like you have to be on Mavericks to even build for it, is that right? I didn't see an SDK out yet which makes sense since it isn't released yet.

Not sure about having to be on Mavericks, but you have to be able to download and run Xcode 5 (maybe it runs on older os x versions...). So one has to be either in the Apple Dev program or be able to get it be some other means (of course I wouldn't have a clue on how to do that...  ;) )

Thanks

Just recompiled the v7 version for Mavericks. Works fine. I was only able to recompile the debug version, somehow I could't find out how to buid a non-debug version. If someone explains me how I'll recompile the normal version also.

Tested with 10.9 DP1 and DP2 no problems found up to now.

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

BTW Xcode5 Runs fine on ML

I just updated from v5 to v7 and IT FINALLY WORKS. I'm using a Dell Inspiron n5110

I have the same bugs mentioned by "specific" in earlier posts.

Another bug is that too finger touch for secondary click is too strict making it difficult to use.

It requires the fingers to press at exactly the same time or else the pointer just jumps.

Thank you very much :D

EDIT:

After using this for a few days, I found that the most annoying bug is that the pointer jumps a few pixels when I lift my finger off the trackpad.

For example, when I move the pointer to the x button to close a window, then lift my finger to tap (click) the pointer jumps a few CMs away so the click happens on the wrong object on the screen.

I fix "pointer jump" by installing synaptic trackpad prefpane and increase "Finger Z" value.

• Like 1

• Moderators

bpedman,

Thanks, v7 works pretty good on my E6520, and thanks to Bjornw for uploading the version for Mavericks. On both version, I have an issue with dragging while using the trackstick. The left and right mouse click for the trackstick works but can't drag or increase/decrease windows size. Tried specific's advice to change 'Z' value but it doesn't work. Pointer still jumps to the right when you lift your finger from the trackstick.

Can you get the trackstick scrolling to work too? That's the middle button. Right now it doesn't do anything.

thanks again for the great work.

• Like 1