New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

• Moderators

I see, but then again, the change you have pointed only affect a v6 trackpad, again yours is v5.

Ok, now I make a quick fix, try and report, ignore the kext on the previous post, please.

Tried it on an E6430 with Mavericks 10.9.2. Looks like side scrolling is not working anymore.

I know since I change it a little bit. The scrolling by 2 fingers and side scrolling is governed by only one variable in the original kext, so I decide to split it out. You can enable it by having 'TrackpadVertScroll' boolean key set to 'True' in your plist.

I've tried the 228 version, the 2-fingers scrolling horizontal and vertical work perfect, it's too stable but it lacks the "aerodynamics" effect, i mean when you scroll to fast, the scrolling stop aggressively without ease /* i don't know how i describe this :D */

The side scrolling isn't working and the cursor position isn't stable.

If none of them works, all you have to do is to provide us the information in the posts above. Without that, I cannot know whatever is happen. A statement like 'it does not work' doesn't help.

Hi, sontrg. Sorry for not being more specific.

I edited and patched my DSDT and I am currently using Rehabman's Voodoo -2014-0121 version. I can only have the basic function of a trackpad (no drag and drop). Then, I installed a patched ApplePS2Controller.kext (I included the kext along with this post) to get drag and drop working and trackpad recognized by Apple trackpad prefpane.

I tried different kext from this thread, but they offered similar results Rehabman's Voodoo -2014-0121 version (Only basic trackpad function was working, I needed to include ApplePS2Controller to get drag working).

I also included my IOreg file as an attachment. Thank you for the help again.

IOreg_and_ApplePS2Controller.zip

@Leo: it is called 'inertia scroll'. It may sound nice, but I would not implement it, at least for now. Since it would break the stability of the kext, unless I have time to investigate more on it, there would never be any new features, only bug fixes. About the cursor moving automatically, does it happen on both of yours computer?

@cjin5: Please uninstall *everything* related to PS2, then *only* install my kext, post the IOreg. Then, open the terminal, type 'sudo dmesg > ~/Desktop/dmesg.log' (without the quote). On your desktop there will be a file named dmesg.log. Post it here, too

• Like 1

@Leo: it is called 'inertia scroll'. It may sound nice, but I would not implement it, at least for now. Since it would break the stability of the kext, unless I have time to investigate more on it, there would never be any new features, only bug fixes. About the cursor moving automatically, does it happen on both of yours computer?

@cjin5: Please uninstall *everything* related to PS2, then *only* install my kext, post the IOreg. Then, open the terminal, type 'sudo dmesg > ~/Desktop/dmesg.log' (without the quote). On your desktop there will be a file named dmesg.log. Post it here, too

Hi, sontrg. I uploaded my log and IOreg file along with this post. Thank you for the help again.

dmesg_IOreg_cjin5.zip

Okay, it's noted.

No, i tested the kext only in Latitude E6530.

@cjin: Bad news: yours is a new model so there is no support even from the Linux kernel. So, the only thing you can do is wait and hope for the best.

Thank you for all the help and information. I hope the driver comes out soon.

The real Macs have never used PS2 protocol and connection. But our keyboard use PS2. So, for short, our keyboard driver is a translation between PS2 protocol and 'Apple' protocol. Nevertheless, the translation can never be perfect. And there can be some quirks.

So, if you need to do it permanently, just open the plist file and learn how to remap the key. I believe that is much easier.

Thanks a lot! There is a wiki page about remapping keys on RehabMan's github. I have successfully changed Caps Lock to F19 using custom key remap.