New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

I tried the kext on my D630, but stick point doesn't work. 

I noticed that the stick point works with a kext from EDP (Standard ALPS driver - Works in old Models with 2 finger scroll and the track point), but the keyboard doesn't work with the kext.

Thank you Bronxteck, after I replaced the keyboard.kext in plugins the keyboard works again and I could login. But I noticed that there is no Trackpad.kext in plugins, so "2" finger scroll doesn't work. After adding the Trackpad.kext 2 finger scroll works, but the stick point doesn't work again. Is there a chance to fix this by another Trackpad.kext? Or do you know another solution I can try?

I tried various VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, but without effect.

I suppose it depends on the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, because if I use the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext from the kext package with working stick point, then there is the message "no touchpad found" in preference-->touchpad. Even if there is a Trackpad.kext in plugins. But if I use any other AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext then the stick point doesn't work.

Hello,

I have ALPS trackpad, version 8. All previously files don't work on Mavericks.

Is there somebody working on it ? Or any other people who need this kext also ?

Currently, I have only the mouse without any scroll.

• Moderators

I'm new to all this stuff so please forgive my stupid questions.

In the 1st post, I see 2 attachments. Which one do I need to use for my E6230?

If I need both files then what are the details steps please? Thanks.

On my signature below, select touchpad for Exx30. It links to the version best fit for that model. You just need voodoops2Controller.kext installed.

Just wondering if anyone can help me.

I've just done a fresh install of 10.9.3 on my E7440 using the instructions provided here.

Everything is working fine, except for the trackpad, which works but lack multitouch etc.

From what I've read, it would seem that the driver from the opening page of this thread should enable the functionality that's missing.

I'm using the RehabMan merge version, and have followed the instructions from RehabMan's git page to do the install.

Initially, the driver failed to function correctly, as the instructions on the git page don't mention how to install synapticsconfigload.

For reference, there is an additional .plist that you need from the github which then launches synapticsconfigload from /usr/bin on startup.

Once I'd got this sorted out, then the driver loads and runs okay, but the multitouch features still don't work. I can enable them in the Synaptics config panel, but they just don't do anything.

Ubuntu identifies the dualpoint stick and trackpad as follows:

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0008 Version=0000
N: Name="DualPoint Stick"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input1
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input16
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse0 event14
B: PROP=0
B: EV=7
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0
B: REL=3

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0008 Version=0300
N: Name="AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input7
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse1 event15
B: PROP=8
B: EV=b
B: KEY=e420 70000 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=260800001000003

If anyone has any thoughts on what might be going wrong here, I'd appreciate the help.

I've also noticed that the machine now fails to resume from sleep. The desktop login screen appears, and then the system reboots. This doesn't happen without this driver.

I'm going to try running the debug driver, to see if the log sheds any light on the matter.

EDIT:

I've now tried the debug driver, and it didn't really seem to help much. There were some messages in the log, but nothing very helpful.

I've removed the driver entirely, but now the machine pops up a window saying that there isn't a keyboard attached, and tries to search for a bluetooth device. The keyboard still works, though.

I guess I must have missed something when uninstalling, but I don't know what. I've removed the kext, deleted the binaries, repaired permissions and rebuilt the kext cache. Is there anything I've missed?

Some more info on this problem.

The instructions in this thread, and also on RehabMan's wiki seem incomplete, so this is what I actually did:

1) Copy VoodooPS2Daemon and synapticsconfigload into /usr/bin.

2) Put org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist and org.voodoo.driver.synapticsconfigload.plist into /Library/Launchdaemons.

3) Double click on pref pane, and install for just my user (I've also tried with all users).

4) Use kext wizard to install kernel extension (VoodooPS2Controller.kext).

5) Using kext wizard repair permissions and rebuild kext cache.

6) Reboot.

This seems to work just fine, but none of the advanced features of the touchpad are enabled.

No multitouch gestures, or two finger scrolling etc.

I tried the debug version of the drivers, and I did then see in the log the following error:

Kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller failed to load (0xdc008017).

Now, the instructions for installing say to make sure there are no other PS2 related kexts in /System/Library/Extensions.

I checked in there, and also in /Extra/Extensions before installing, and there was nothing.

I therefore removed the driver by doing the following (as root):

1) rm -rf on VoodooPS2Daemon and synapticsconfigload

2) rm -rf on VoodooPS2Controller.kext

3) rm -rf on org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist and org.voodoo.driver.synapticsconfigload.plist

4) Using kext wizard, rebuild kext cache and fix permissions.

5) Reboot.

6) Rebuild kext cache and fix permissions.

7) Reboot.

Those last two might be redundant, but I wasn't sure if the kext still being resident in memory was an issue for rebuilding the cache, and kextunload would't work.

However, following reboot, if I do a kextstat, then I see:

35    0 0xffffff7f8252b000 0x3000     0x3000     com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1) <10 7 5 4 3 1>

52    1 0xffffff7f82550000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller (1.1.5) <7 5 4 3 1>

59    0 0xffffff7f82558000 0x3000     0x3000     org.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.1.0) <52 30 7 6 5 4 3 1>

60    0 0xffffff7f8255b000 0x4000     0x4000     com.Apple.driver.PS2Mouse (1.2.0) <30 5 4 3>

I can only assume that these drivers are coming from /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 and 10.10.

This is where my confusion comes in, as the clover wiki says that these drivers are only used as part of the boot process, and don't come into play once OSX is booted. This doesn't seem to be true.

At this point, I'm assuming it's the presence of these drivers which is preventing the new touchpad driver from loading.

The question is, how do I fix this?

In addition, since removing the alternative touchpad driver, I'm now finding that I get a window popping up for the blueooth setup assistant saying that there isn't a keyboard connected. The keyboard works just fine, though.

I've also tried:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*

following by a rebuild using kext wizard and reboot. The problem remains.

Any help would be much appreciated.