Dell Optiplex 755

chris1111

hello all B)  I just present you my DELL optiplex 755 CPU core 2 duo 3.16GHz / / NVIDIA GeForce GT 610: 2048MB LOW PROFILE / / 6 gig ram ddr2 / / SSD Samsung Series SSD840 120gig + Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM.

Ived just finnish and succesfull my installation  with my boot usb installer OS X  Mountain Lion10.8.3 ( PC AND LAPTOP SUPPORT) .

And completed the post-installationjust using  only 7 kext. this Machine is surprisingly fast and verry cool :D  :P  Have look to the picture1010.png

610.png

711.png

112.png

post-4953-0-44828100-1368816943_thumb.png

post-4953-0-59342700-1368817016_thumb.png

213.png

410.png

510.png

here is the procedure to using  my installer boot usb  os x  mountain lion 

READ ME <_<

1 - insert your USB key and formats it with a score of Mac OS Extended (Journal) options in GUID, rename it (USB)

2 - now open your intallesd.dmg

3 - *** IMPORTANT ***  in the personalized menu  check the box  PC support

4- now choose the usb and install

reboot to the usb installer  and finish your installation   and after reboot with the usb installer and complete the post installation with the pack optiplex 755  :D  :P

good Hack  :lol:  <_<  :D
CHRIS1111

OPTIPLEX 755.zip

Hey Chris1111,

Good on you for adding to the Optiplex755 knowledgebase :)

Couple of questions:

- did you use a DSDT?

- how did you get your Graphics Card recognised?

Love the way you've added a pic of the tower to the About this Mac section.

Merci bien!

dm4n

Hey Chris1111,

Good on you for adding to the Optiplex755 knowledgebase :)

Couple of questions:

- did you use a DSDT?

- how did you get your Graphics Card recognised?

Love the way you've added a pic of the tower to the About this Mac section.

Merci bien!

dm4n

thank dm4n :)  not need dsdt for this system  and everything work 100% sleep wake wokrs, I am very surprised :lol:  the graphics card work OOB on the instalation and post installation  .

verry easy to install with this graphics card  ;)  :D

merci

Hi, the Optiplex 755 has long been integrated in EDP. You can find the bootpacks at the usualplace.

The nVidia GeForce GT610 works OOB (see post #4 here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2032-dell-vostro-200/).

I did not know that Edp was integrating a boot pack for optiplex 755 :huh:  sorry for that :) is that it makes longtime that he had the boot pack??

• Administrators

No harm done at all. On the contrary, you may be able to contribute to fine tune certains things. And on double checking, I don't see a specific ML bootpack for the Optiplex 755 (although it's easy enough to make one up out of the previous 2), so thanks for showing us ML runs well on that model and without a (patched) DSDT table. In fact, you even seem to have a better installation than most I've seen on this model.

I'm unfamiliar with the AHCI_3rdParty_SATA + AHCIinjector kexts you use, but I guess they work together, right? Did you try at all to copy/paste the ICHx AHCI contents of the injector to the "more" regular/known IOATAFamily kext plugin? I guess the BIOS does not offer native AHCI or RAID HDD mode.

Did you try to boot without NullCPUPowerManagement and do you get native SpeedStep at all?

Could you confirm your Optiplex 755 model and specs? SFF with Intel E8500, isn't it?

originally my cpu is E6550 core 2 duo 2.33ghz  :)  Ived change for the E8500 3.16 ghz :D  :P

I am using 3d party for  All drive   show on the desktop as Internal and the ahciinjector its for recognise the ICH9-R AHCI 

Idont try  to copy/paste the ICHx AHCI contents of the injector :)

I dont know for  the native speed step ?? ;)  and I dont testing with no Nulcpu did you think its work :D with no nulcpu and did you think I need AICPU patch 

thanks for your reply  Herve

Hervé

• Administrators

If you use tools such as HWMonitor, you would be able to monitor Temperatures + CPU throttling. You may need a FakeSMC kext that's more recent that the version you're currently using or you can try to add plugin kexts too.

If you don't have native SpeedStep and/or no SpeedStep facilitator (such as PState), your E8500 CPU is highly likely to be stuck at its lowest frequency/multipler, i.e. 2.0GHz.

Yes Iam using HWSensors  this one   :D

post-4953-0-91948000-1368816526_thumb.png

Ived runing this after my installation did you think is what I should add to my pack??

and this is my temp   is verry low this cpu with no activity   :)

post-4953-0-53455200-1368816635_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

You should try and run some unix-level commands or programs in the background whilst monitoring your CPU multipler & frequency in HWMonitor. I've got a funny feeling you've got no SpeedStep at all and are therefore running permanently at lowest multipler & frequency.

For instance, run Geekbench or open up Terminal and type: yes | yes | yes | yes >/dev/null &, then click on HWMonitor to monitor CPU. If SpeedStep is indeed running, you should see multiplier & frequency go up to maximum value (in your case x9.5 and 3.16GHz) with possible intermediate variations. If you have no SpeedStep, you're CPU will be stuck at x6 and 1.99GHz.

Don't trust those CPU T° either... Even at x6 and 1.99GHz, I kind of doubt your E8500 would operate at only 28°. You probably require to do some Tjmax tuning here.

If you're now using FakeSMC 5.0.3x (your initial kexts pack showed older version v4.2.0), have a look at the article we've posted on the web site re: performance turing with FakeSMC and SMBIOS editing. Find the Mac model that best matches your own gear and try to edit your SMC value. If you didn't have native SpeedStep, you may gain it this way. If not, you should use the emulated SpeedStep utility that we've included in EDP (PState).