How to install Lion on D620

Agrerald

i guess i will have to look at mine when im home. it's in an obscure place. just start from top of bios and drill down the options list.

Mr. Bronxteck, perhaps you can talk me thru how you prepared your 2 gig USB equivalent?

I think that is where the issue lays. . .

• Administrators

oh damn sorry this post got away from me.. pt. use chameleon rc5 760 Fabio78 posted and edp 1.8 only problem is the battery part of edp 1.8 is not compatible we have a solution in 1.9. so you have to remove the kext after edp build (I chose voodoobattery option when building) from extra/ extensions then run edptool again choose option 1 kexts, then option a, (rebuild from existing)... i have not tried chameleon rev760 with the DP2 installer directly... i used a drive image of dp2.

edit:

ok it seems you need to boot with a proper smbios too, replace the one in extra. to install from an existing osx install. i used mackbook2,1 and a guide/journal partition its giving me an error on a hybrid guid/mbr partition but once installed you can image it over to a hybrid later for now just use guid

smbios.plist.zip

Guys, I installed Lion using the first Developer Preview, Chameleon r760. For the Extra part on the flash drive I used the Extra folder from this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729. Installation is always successful, and then I boot in Snow Leopard, copy my Extra folder from my Snow Leopard install with my DSDT anad everything to the Lion partition, I just swap the SMBIOS.plist and com.apple.boot.plist files, also I remove the AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext. Then when I restart to my Lion installation it boots successfully, I see the Welcome video, and when the configuration screen pops up, it tells me that I neet to connect a keyboard and mouse. I tried adding VoodooPS2 to the Extensions folder in Lion, but nothing changes... I am able to use the trackpad(it works) but it still says that I need to connect a Keyboard... I am desperate because I am so close from successfully booting it.

Can you suggest or help me somehow, I cannot figure the problem out at all. :(

connect a keyboard. it just wants to hold it's hand through the install process. sometimes it happens with bluetooth too.

Thanks, this helped! Finally! I get some kernel panics related with the X3100! Some animations are really choppy!

Greetings! In an effort to try DP4 on my 620 (4gigs, 120gigHD), I used the method posted at the top of this topic, but my screen goes completely black halfway thru the verbose install. Any thoughts? Thanks. ssprod