How to install Lion on D620

Agrerald

Ok, battery operating normally, a doubt, the lcd brightness is too low, has increased the keyboard and own the lion is still low and Dell saw a tutorial to change ioacpifamily of 0x128 to 0x328 ..... you have any idea what can I do??

Thank you for your help, is perfect OSXLATITUDE

Are you getting it more than on the first install? I installed Lion several times and it only asked me once, immediately after the installation and never again.

Well, one way is turning your Bluetooth off completely (in BIOS). The other is to remove the bluetooth keyboard out Bluetooth menue in Preference Panel.

Thanks! I'll try that out.

On another note, my friend's d620 prompts him with a "Before you begin" dialogue which doesn't allow him to use his computer. But i already tried plugging in a USB keyboard to no avail. On my d620, I only got past it by using a USB keyboard, which I don't have access to at the moment. At any rate, I heard rumors about a workaround for this involving modifying some lines on a plist. Unfortunately, nano doesn't work.

PPS., I also realized that the only way to get qe/ci, my trackpad, and keyboard working would be to manually type in "arch=i386" at the chameleon selection screen, even though I'm using the org.chameleon.boot.plist which already has the key and string for it. Thanks, again!

EDIT: I found out that to disable the "before you begin" dialogue, I would simply need to follow these steps:

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/ in the Lion install partition and open the Info.plist. 
Search and delete two strings <string>DeviceSelection</string> and <string>KeyboardTypeSelection</string>. 
Save the Info.plist.

I'd still appreciate any help on the weird chameleon issues I'm having. Another thing is that the screen brightness seems to be quite a bit dimmer when loading Lion than on Snow Leopard. That is, I can adjust the brightness but the maximum brightness level isn't what I'm used to in SL. Thanks!

thanks for all your help, guys. Now, I'm wondering how I can get rid of the prompt for a bluetooth keyboard.

With Bluetooth enabled, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced > and now make sure the top two checkboxes are empty: "Open Bluetooth Setup Assistant at startup if no keyboard is detected" and the one for mouse/trackpad.

Ok, battery operating normally, a doubt, the lcd brightness is too low, has increased the keyboard and own the lion is still low and Dell saw a tutorial to change ioacpifamily of 0x128 to 0x328 ..... you have any idea what can I do??

Thank you for your help, is perfect OSXLATITUDE

To get full brightness back, I use the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from Snow Leopard (10.6.8). (No 64 bit support, so still booting with arch=i386.)

This is really a great site. Installing OSX 10.6.8 was truly straightforward thanks to the clear instructions and tools provided by the site experts. EDP is a dream tool.

Following on from the easy installation, I upgraded my CPU to a T7200 on my D620 - low cost and now Lion ready - again thanks to the advise from the site members.

I've been following this thread to get a clearer picture of what I need to do to upgrade to Lion, but it's been going on for some time - It's difficult to separate the problems from the successes.

Of course, I'm going to 'give it a go' to upgrade to Lion - if not just for the fun it, then for what I'll learn from my failures.

Anyway, this is really just a pat on the back for all the hard work that's gone into the site. Cheers guys!

I made a bootable USB stick using xfail and installed the lastest Chameleon by running Champlist from my iMac, and I used Bronnxteck's files to overwrite, I get a black screen at boot. . .

is it because I'm using a Core Duo and not a Core 2 Duo? (which means I'm 32 bit only. . .)

I made a bootable USB stick using xfail and installed the lastest Chameleon by running Champlist from my iMac, and I used Bronnxteck's files to overwrite, I get a black screen at boot. . .

is it because I'm using a Core Duo and not a Core 2 Duo? (which means I'm 32 bit only. . .)

Hi. I've had a successful install by doing the following:

- Use xfail to prepare the USB stick with the Lion installer. I had to mount the Install ESD to make xfail work successfully.

- Installed chameleon on the USB stick

- Used EDP 1.9 on my existing SL volume to remove the Apple Battery Monitoring kext

- Copied my SL /Extra folder to the USB stick

- Restarted and selected the USB stick to boot from

- Installed Lion on my SL volume

- Restarted with another SL volume to copy my /Extra folder from my USB stick to the new Lion volume

- Reatarted with the Lion volume - Lion up and running

Note that I didn't use the files from Bronxteck (dp4d620gma.zip) as the Lion boot just seems to hang. Don't know why!

Marceboy

• Administrators

you could also just install the edp pkg to the installer usb stick and run your model build from there. after it installs lion install edp.pkg to the new hdd partion and build for your model. so you might want to put the edp.pkg somewhere on the usb stick to make things easier

Hi Bronxteck

Thanks for the feedback! I wrote the notes because I had a lot of problems making a bootable install USB, then getting Lion to boot. The instructions are embedded throughout this thread, but I was hoping to help by consolidating everything that works into a single reply.

No-one told me how much fun doing all of this is!!

Marceboy