How to install Lion on D620

Agrerald

you could also just install the edp pkg to the installer usb stick and run your model build from there. after it installs lion install edp.pkg to the new hdd partion and build for your model. so you might want to put the edp.pkg somewhere on the usb stick to make things easier

I still have to wait till I get a core 2 duo, but when I get one I will try this!

i definitely would not mind one of those... but mine was core 2 duo already so not much of an incentive to replace it... :(

ps. make sure to use some good compound like arctic silver

Oh I plan on it! :)

(this ain't my 1st rodeo with a laptop!)

Hi all,

I also picked up the solution to the D620 GMA950 screen brightness issue from Leon's blog. This works.

The solution can be found at: http://www.r2x2.com/lion-dp4-tip-fixing-backlight-issue-for-gma950-graphic-cards/

Just remember to use disk utility to repair permissions on the Lion partition before rebooting.

Thanks, Leon!

Hi all,

I also picked up the solution to the D620 GMA950 screen brightness issue from Leon's blog. This works.

The solution can be found at: http://www.r2x2.com/lion-dp4-tip-fixing-backlight-issue-for-gma950-graphic-cards/

Just remember to use disk utility to repair permissions on the Lion partition before rebooting.

Thanks, Leon!

Thanx Leon & Marceboy - fixed my dark screen!

I successfully upgraded to Lion without a hitch. . .well, almost!

Do I need to run EDP 1.9.pkg again? What trackpad driver will work best for the new Gestures??

-thanx again everyone for all your hard work!

With Bluetooth enabled, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced > and now make sure the top two checkboxes are empty: "Open Bluetooth Setup Assistant at startup if no keyboard is detected" and the one for mouse/trackpad.

To get full brightness back, I use the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from Snow Leopard (10.6.8). (No 64 bit support, so still booting with arch=i386.)

that.is.amazing! Thanks so much for your help on both these issues! My install of Lion is pretty much fully functional now with the exception of some trackpad wonkiness.